Digitalism and Skrillex contribute remixes for Syndicate re-release

Comments

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    We're getting a new Syndicate? Persuade-o-tron go!
  • edited November 2011
    Digitalism I can get (for putting in a videogame)
    But Skrillex? Unless they're doing specific animations and things with the scenery/machinery I don't really think that his music would work well.
  • djmephdjmeph Detroit Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Digitalism I can get (for putting in a videogame)
    But Skrillex? Unless they're doing specific animations and things with the scenery/machinery I don't really think that his music would work well.

First off, this is not the actual soundtrack, these are just remixes for the soundtrack. Second, I personally would never put any limit on what a company could do with a video game soundtrack. Whoever selects the music or is making the soundtrack should be free to be creative and do what they believe will fit and works right in the game. That being said, I disagree that Skrillex wouldn't work well in a video game. The hook in Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites sounds a lot like what you would hear in a video game. Perhaps not as glitchy, but I, for one, would welcome that kind of ingenuity in a game. Skrillex is a phenomenal producer. If he got his hands on a video game soundtrack I would play it in a second.