Mount & Blade: Bannerlord announced

JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
edited September 2012 in Gaming

Comments

• RequitRequit That one guy Somewhere over there, I don't know Icrontian
    I am so ready for this.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2012
    Maybe they finally fixed the Ally AI problems...

and reversed the dozen flaws they introduced in With Fire & Sword...
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    I just got the biggest boner ever.

With Fire & Sword had some great ideas, but I feel like they deviated from the good things they introduced in Warband just a bit too much. I played F&S for a good solid week, but switched back to Warband and didn't look back. Loved the caravans (though keeping the shops element would have been nice), disliked the "Actually Europe" and not Calradia, really really hated the lack of tournaments. Honestly, I held off on it for years cause I thought the guns element would ruin it, but that was actually a piece I enjoyed. They basically just served as a slightly less cumbersome replacement for the crossbows...

Also, what's the fourth game? Are you counting War of the Roses, cause I don't...
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited October 2012
    No, I'm not counting War Of The Roses, as it's not M&B. The games I'm counting are M&B, M&B:WB, M&BWFaS and and M&B:NW (even if it is a DLC). I never played NW myself, as I'm not too much of a fan of the multiplayer part. I play multiplayer sometimes, but not enough to make me want to buy a game centered around it.
    Oh, right, totally forgot about that one. I've never really bothered with multiplayer either, lol
  • It's like the cheapest teaser I've ever seen from any game. Considering that I, as a small time video editing hobbyist could do better than that. But about the game; I really wait for it! Although there are War of the Roses, which will most definitely take the cup of medieval multiplayer games like that, but there's no single player so...

Hopefully they add some great stuff in there! I would be more than happy to see some RTS type of an estate & castle management. Like being able to build up stuff and, well, I´m sure you get it!
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    Napoleonic Wars was pretty fun online. It's probably even more awesome if you join some of the line battalions and do organized line battles. couple of hundred guys unleashing hell on one another.
  • I loved the original mount and blade very much , and I loved mount and blade: warband and addicted playing it , nearly 6 hours a day for nearly 2 years now. and I will not talk about mb:wfas or nw because they weren't my thing. There are some ideas that could make it better : 1.more interactions 2.bigger cities and castles 3.returning the training fields , feasts , marriages and tournaments as they were missing in the later with fire and sword 4.having the features introduced in with fire and sword expansion pack 5.customising armies armors (colours , etc.) 6.having the ability to build camps , forts , villages , towns and castles as properties of the player 7.having more control over strategy as formations and pre-battle strategy 8.prisoner ransoming (for lords and soldiers) 9.having arabian sultanate faction , and having more factions 10.more realistic sieges and maybe having cannons (if it is a gunpowder age game , of course) 11.more quests from lords and guildmasters (or mayors) 12.the most important thing to me : having more titles and promotions in the realm , not only a mercenery or lord or marshall , I am sure it should improve the gameplay (this is my own opinion , and thanks)
  • and some great ideas too are to have more than one enterprise in each city , and having more control over the diplomacy such as making alliances and more things to do when i am a king , not sure if this was introduced in mount and blade: with fire and sword as i didn't play it as much as warband , and thanks
    We'll get right on that.

Srsly, though, I'd love to see some of that stuff introduced. Thanks for sharing :)

In other news, I just discovered there's a decent-sized modding community for M&B. :D
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    midga said:

In other news, I just discovered there's a decent-sized modding community for M&B. :D

Sure is. I don't think I've played "original" M&B for ages!

Looks like most of the interesting mods now are for Warband. All the stuff I've been reading seems to point to the community agreeing it's the best of the three.
  • I agree It is the best of the three of course, because it was a great edition to the original game, so as a lover of this game , I expected that wfas will be a greater , but it introduced new feature as sending a caravan to cities , instead of owning estates , added new objectives , but removed training fields , feasts , tournaments and marriage , so it was ignored after knowing its truth , same as the sims 3 which added feature of open world but removed the restaurants , most types of stores and put them as rabbit holes instead , I think taleworlds are honest and mount and blade 2 will be great , but I fear the moment when they announce the system requirements , thanks