If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Icrontic Expo 2014: The gaming & general geekery event you don't want to miss. Read about what's new this year and then buy tickets here.

2013 Icrontic Events

LincLinc Community InstigatorDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited May 2013 in Our Community
All events are in Michigan at Icrontic HQ except, of course, the Rennfest. Subscribe to the Icrontic Google Calendar.

Winterblast (3rd?)
27 Jan 2013

Are Annes and pragtastic coming to town? Is it January? Well then by golly there's a Winterblast. Come over to ICHQ on Sunday for games, food, and the usual good times.

Valentine's Movie Marathon (2nd)
15-16 Feb 2013

Because you can never have enough Icrontic. We will be screening the Star Wars movies in the Machete Order starting at noon Saturday after a delightful brunch. Buckle up.

St. Patty's / Marche Du Nain Rouge** (#ICSP - 6th Annual)
22-24 March 2013

Listen. I know St. Patty's is the weekend before. Waiting a week for the Marche is worth it. Trust me. If you can stay for it on Sunday, you will not be disappointed. Friday and Saturday will be the usual feast and gaming bonanza.

Memorial Day BBQ (4th)
26-27 May 2013

Just a lazy Sunday (the 26th) BBQ in Detroit. Come for lunch, or come for the weekend. You know.

Expo Icrontic** (#EPIC - TENTH ANNUAL!)
26-30 June 2013

Bitches don't even know. It's the biggest event of the year. Video game tournaments. Board game tournaments. Food Tour. Duct Tape Challenge. Hobbyist how-to sessions. Golfing. Who even knows what else we'll come up with for this year. Location TBA, but probably at ICHQ Detroit.

Summer Shindig UNPLUGGED (#ICSS - 6th Annual)
30 Aug - 2 Sep 2013
UNPLUG! We're going UP NORTH to Prime's family land in rustic northern Michigan. No computers, no LANs... just tents, fresh country air, woods, campfires, and awesomeness. Tent required. 2.5 hour drive from Detroit.

Oktoberfest** (#ICOK - 7th Annual)
25-27 October 2013

On Saturday our costume party begins after dinner and stretches into the wee hours of the morning. Expect music, dancing, and great times. If you can't make Expo, aim for this one.

New Years Blast (#ICNY - 6th Annual)
28 December 2013 - 1 Jan 2014

The Gregorian Calendar sucks. This year New Years Eve is a Tuesday night. Come by for the weekend prior, come by for New Years Eve, whatever - just show up sometime and give everyone some hugs to send off 2013 on a high note.


** = major event, 30+ participants.

Comments

  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited Jan 2013
    First for all.

    Edit: And screenshotted for posterity.
    Canti
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    I need to figure out how to attend this stuff.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Thrax said:

    First for all.

    Doesn't count outside of the individual event threads :D
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    BlackHawk said:

    I need to figure out how to attend this stuff.

    You live closer than I do now, just do it you clown.
  • colacola the dick man himself Right behind you Icrontian
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Also planning for Epic and New Years. Anything else will be pretty difficult.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    Gonna try really hard to make it for ICSP, the rest seem unlikely at the moment until after Summer.
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut Austin, TX Icrontian
    mertesn said:

    Thrax said:

    First for all.

    Doesn't count outside of the individual event threads :D
    Smells like jealousy.
  • colacola the dick man himself Right behind you Icrontian
    I'm pushing for EPIC, but not sure if anything else can happen cause Navy
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo So, it's all dream, right? Icrontian
    Pushing for more than one this year. We shall see.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Thrax said:

    mertesn said:

    Thrax said:

    First for all.

    Doesn't count outside of the individual event threads :D
    Smells like jealousy.
    Indeed it does. Yours.
  • Church4252Church4252 K-Pop authority™, Gundam Meister Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    I am going to try my best to attend EPIC and Oktoberfest
  • JokkeJokke Nuvsvaag, Norway Icrontian
    edited Jan 2013
    I know I've said it before and it backfired, but currently it looks like I'm in for EPIC. Is there no Summer Shindig this year?
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen Dizzy Pirate Hooker Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    I'd like to say in for all, but I have no idea what's going on in my life after May. :O
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    For Valentines day, it would be interesting to be able to sync up the showing somehow for people who can't attend. Not really sure how it would work, just an idea :)
    JBoogalooKoreish
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo So, it's all dream, right? Icrontian

    For Valentines day, it would be interesting to be able to sync up the showing somehow for people who can't attend. Not really sure how it would work, just an idea :)

    I like this idea a LOT (mostly because I won't be able to attend, lol). Any ideas on making it a reality?
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ @TheButterflyman Icrontian
    Last time the Valentine's Day event was barred to all but single people.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    No reason you couldn't google hangout that in some capacity.

    Also, I might be in for Expo. Depends on work.
  • LincLinc Community Instigator Detroit, MI Icrontian
    CB said:

    Last time the Valentine's Day event was barred to all but single people.

    Last time, Brian and I were single. :P
    Jokke said:

    Is there no Summer Shindig this year?

    Nope, changing up the schedule a bit this year. Shindig interest has waned, so I thought I'd remove it in favor of lower-key Valentine's and Memorial Day events that will attract locals more.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    Or just move Shindig to Labor Day weekend and lets actually have a BBQ. Dreamcruise interest definitely downhill, Shindig could remain though.
  • LincLinc Community Instigator Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Ryder said:

    Or just move Shindig to Labor Day weekend

    You wanna have a Shindig at ICHQ while I'm at Renn Faire? :D

  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen Dizzy Pirate Hooker Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Winter Blast House anniversary!?
  • LincLinc Community Instigator Detroit, MI Icrontian

    Winter Blast House anniversary!?

    That's every weekend you're here, darling. ;)

    Honestly, just unfortunate timing this year since that's about when Aaron is moving in. Maybe ICWB will return for 2014. :)
    GnomeQueen
  • LincLinc Community Instigator Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited Jan 2013
    @Ryder I'm not opposed to having a 1-2 day summer event or more low-key mostly-locals events in general, especially if it's just Sat/Sun. I guess what I was doing here is substituting more minor events like Memorial Day and VD for the idea of Shindig as yet another "all weekend rarrrrr" event that we don't really need and no one was interested in. The record shows that even the most adventurous travelers top out at 3-4 events per year.
  • LincLinc Community Instigator Detroit, MI Icrontian
    OK I told a boldfaced lie. 1-day Winterblast: Sunday, 27 Jan. Annes & prag will be here. Deal with it.
    UPSLynx
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut Austin, TX Icrontian
    So happens I will be as well!
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    BUT MY BIRTHDAY IS CLOSE TO THEN
  • primesuspectprimesuspect HumanGarbageDisposal Detroit, MI Icrontian
  • oni_delsoni_dels M.I.A. Icrontian
    this year i'll be here for Expo Icrontic. maybe with my gf too.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Icrontian
    Since I have 4 semesters back to back the only one I would have the time for is new years. It's my 2013 goal to make it to at least one Icrontic event
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    So, IC Street Party during Expo?
  • BetsyDBetsyD Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited Feb 2013
    I know it's still close to 2 months away but @CB & I are considering coming to ICSP with Marty. He has a good sleeping pattern (6:30-6:30) that I don't want to disrupt but we also both want to enjoy the evening activities for a few hours. To that end we were wondering if any of our Detroit friends have a babysitter they would trust with a sleeping 4 month old? They would just need to hang-out in the hotel for a few hours to make sure he doesn't get up and run-away.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect HumanGarbageDisposal Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I'd suggest talking to Kati (@lershee). She might have some input
  • primesuspectprimesuspect HumanGarbageDisposal Detroit, MI Icrontian
    for some reason this thread was sunk. Unsunk.
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    No Turnips at EPIC this year, sorry. I'm going to Peru and Error...well, Error's just a spoilsport.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect HumanGarbageDisposal Detroit, MI Icrontian
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    BetsyD said:

    I know it's still close to 2 months away but @CB & I are considering coming to ICSP with Marty. He has a good sleeping pattern (6:30-6:30) that I don't want to disrupt but we also both want to enjoy the evening activities for a few hours. To that end we were wondering if any of our Detroit friends have a babysitter they would trust with a sleeping 4 month old? They would just need to hang-out in the hotel for a few hours to make sure he doesn't get up and run-away.

    He's walking already? Wow!
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    CrazyJoe said:

    BetsyD said:

    I know it's still close to 2 months away but @CB & I are considering coming to ICSP with Marty. He has a good sleeping pattern (6:30-6:30) that I don't want to disrupt but we also both want to enjoy the evening activities for a few hours. To that end we were wondering if any of our Detroit friends have a babysitter they would trust with a sleeping 4 month old? They would just need to hang-out in the hotel for a few hours to make sure he doesn't get up and run-away.

    He's walking already? Wow!
    Apparently he's running too.
  • LincLinc Community Instigator Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Pacifisto said:

    Error's just a spoilsport.

    I do not approve.
  • BetsyDBetsyD Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    mertesn said:

    CrazyJoe said:

    BetsyD said:

    I know it's still close to 2 months away but @CB & I are considering coming to ICSP with Marty. He has a good sleeping pattern (6:30-6:30) that I don't want to disrupt but we also both want to enjoy the evening activities for a few hours. To that end we were wondering if any of our Detroit friends have a babysitter they would trust with a sleeping 4 month old? They would just need to hang-out in the hotel for a few hours to make sure he doesn't get up and run-away.

    He's walking already? Wow!
    Apparently he's running too.
    I have high expectations for his developmental milestones over the next two months :p
    GnomeQueen
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    I should hope so. IC Baby Deathmatch 2013 will be here before you know it. You and CB have trained him well it seems.
    GnomeQueencola
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen Dizzy Pirate Hooker Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Omg EPIC conflicts with the ALA annual meetup! *dies*
  • AnnesAnnes Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Oh...yeah. Should probably mention that there's pretty much no way we'll be able to host ICRenn this year :-/
  • LincLinc Community Instigator Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited Mar 2013
    Annes said:

    Oh...yeah. Should probably mention that there's pretty much no way we'll be able to host ICRenn this year :-/

    I quietly removed it from the list a bit ago. :) Brian and I have been talking about having Summer Shindig over Labor Day weekend instead, possibly as an "up north" adventure.

  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut Austin, TX Icrontian
    Annes said:

    Oh...yeah. Should probably mention that there's pretty much no way we'll be able to host ICRenn this year :-/

    Good/bad. I was really worried I wouldn't be able to make it this year, but it seems biology has solved the problem on my behalf.

  • I was really hoping to finally go to expo this yr. but unfortunately I cant make it. I'm gonna shoot for Oktoberfest with @marshmellow
  • primesuspectprimesuspect HumanGarbageDisposal Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Doh! We will meet the TroosterMellow yet....
    trooster89
Sign In or Register to comment.