ICJS - IC Jon SNOUWWWGHHWGHHW

TushonTushon I'm scared, CoachAlexandria, VA Icrontian
edited October 2013 in Events
EDIT: closed poll. People who were uncommitted or known to be not coming and therefore did not receive a PM are not in my plans. If you want to hook up with us but couldn't plan till later, let me know and I'll convey details and what you'll need to look at to get booked. 8 Icrontians and my older brother should be a damn good time.

I'm trying to gauge interest in a snow trip. Please super-serious responses, friends. This is a real talk™ thing. I'm pretty sure my talk about this got @TroubleBaker all hot and flustered about an IC event. You can also respond if you would go to be at a resort and not actually ski/snowboard, since there are a variety of reasons that might be appropriate. However, if your only is reason is "I've never done it before", I'm gonna cut you.

Respond here

This would be happening in late January or early February. Obviously, I'll be trying to minimize costs overall, but it's always a little expensive to be an out-of-towner doing these things.

TL;DR: Aim to arrive evening of February 6 and leave "later" in the day on February 9. We should have a room(s) for everyone for those nights. You may want to plan time to visit Dan in Parker (suburb of Denver). The more people we have arriving at similar times, the better, since we can then shuttle together at a lower cost.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2013
    you know nothing, ICJS.
    Annes
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    So is this kind of like skiing at a resort, with beds and dinners and stuff, or more like strap on a backpack and ski into the forest sort of thing?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Jokke said:

So is this kind of like skiing at a resort, with beds and dinners and stuff, or more like strap on a backpack and ski into the forest sort of thing?

Resort. We aren't viking warriors like you!
    RahnalH102
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I am tremendously excited for this to happen. Let's do this.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I'm down for it. We're just not sure exactly where we'll be around that time. But, if we're stable, totally in!
    Tushon said:

Jokke said:

Aww. Got kinda excited, but now I'm out. Good luck, and just remember: Norway has ski resorts. *wink wink*

Jokke said:

Tushon said:

Jokke said:

Aww. Got kinda excited, but now I'm out. Good luck, and just remember: Norway has ski resorts. *wink wink*

I mean, I would be down for that sort of trip, but I don't know how many others. You'd have to teach us how to fight polar bears ... or something.
    JokkeRahnalH102
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Cross-country skiing wilderness survival would be awesome.
    Jokke
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Tushon said:

Jokke said:

Tushon said:

Jokke said:

I mean, I would be down for that sort of trip, but I don't know how many others. You'd have to teach us how to fight polar bears ... or something.
    Oh, I can tell you how to deal with a bear.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    Thrax said:

you know nothing, ICJS.

ICJS is coming?
    @GnomeQueen, entertaining. Some of it's true though. However, if you throw something at a polar bear, you'll die. If you play dead in front of a polar bear, you'll may as well start greasing yourself up, add salt and pepper, and start roasting yourself (especially if the polar bear is hungry).
    primesuspectAranyicJBoogaloo
  • So...you guys want to come visit me in Colorado?
    GnomeQueen
  • Definitely interested in this. Would be a good replacement substitute for ICRenn.
    Bump for day-time visibility.

So...you guys want to come visit me in Colorado?

Maybe. :D
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    I too would be interested in this.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I don't know what my vacation status will be... as of right now, I don't have any extra to spare.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    Tahoe, questionmark
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I really hope you pull this together and it's a success and becomes A Thing. I would totally be down for a late 2014 trip.
    Annes said:

I really hope you pull this together and it's a success and becomes A Thing. I would totally be down for a late 2014 trip.

THINK OF THE BABBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    Tushon said:

Annes said:

THINK OF THE BABBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    She will be as Vioschin/Novalet and herself are tobogganing down the slopes together.

Bump for interest. Make sure you fill out the linked survey. I'll leave it open until the 27th.
    Okay, between IC and some Dallas friends and family, I have 19 people who signed up and will be planning for around that amount. I'm going to a youth camp next week and will work on solid numbers after that.
    I need to know very soon if this is a solid yes and where; I have two flight vouchers that I can use for this but they are expiring soon :D
    Give me an end date, but I can 99% likely choose the weekend in the next couple days.
    My credits expire next week, August 5th.
    February 6-9
  • I feel like 'where' is also an important part of getting plane tickets.

Unless I missed that part...
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    I'm pretty sure airplanes work the same way taxis do.
    primesuspectTushon
    I'm working on that now. Just keeping people less antsy. It's gonna be CO, so flights will be denver
    edited August 2013
    Let's do this

Wednesday, February 05, 2014
    Flight 158
    Departing Detroit, MI (DTW) at 04:13 PM
    Arriving Denver, CO (DEN) at 08:20 PM

Monday, February 10, 2014
    Flight 1522
    Departing Denver, CO (DEN) at 06:15 AM
    Arriving Detroit, MI (DTW) at 04:45 PM