Cant seem to install DX9

Yayo01Yayo01 Member
edited April 2006 in Hardware
hello...im new.. ok the real part.

i cant seem to install DX9 to my pc :wtf: , i've provided a pic of the error im getting.

Heres the Pic:

wtf_159.jpg

Thanks in Advance.:wink:

Comments

• Yayo01Yayo01 Member
    edited April 2006
    Anyone?
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited April 2006
    did you get this from the Microsoft Official site? Do me a favor and do the following:

1. Go to: Start
    2. RUN
    3. Type in: dxdiag
    4. wait till it loads up.
    5. Go to the DirectX Tab.
    6. Look at the bottom of that window and see if it says "No problems found."
  • Yayo01Yayo01 Member
    edited April 2006
    jradmin wrote:
    did you get this from the Microsoft Official site? Do me a favor and do the following:

1. Go to: Start
    2. RUN
    3. Type in: dxdiag
    4. wait till it loads up.
    5. Go to the DirectX Tab.
    6. Look at the bottom of that window and see if it says "No problems found."

It says *No problems found.* and yeah i got this on MS's site.

I have DX 8.1 and when the DX9 tries to install...that error pops out :bawling: (above pic )
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Where are you installing DX9 from? Microsofts web site? or from a game?
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Where are you installing DX9 from? Microsofts web site? or from a game?

He said he got it from MS's site.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    sorry im blind :)
    edited April 2006
    Ok, are you running XP (home/pro) with Service Pack 2?

Also, what kind of vid card or onboard chipset are you using?
  • Yayo01Yayo01 Member
    edited April 2006
    jradmin wrote:
    Ok, are you running XP (home/pro) with Service Pack 2?

Also, what kind of vid card or onboard chipset are you using?

hmmm...

Win XP pro (SP1)
    Geforce 4 MX/MX 400

about that chipset...I dont know, haven't checked the mem stick.

btw this question is for my old pc....had to reformat it (virus argh!) now i cant seem to install DX9 over DX8.1 :S

using my brother's pc sofar (he has better specs! and the DX9 installer works for him :scratch: )
    edited April 2006
    Make sure your Windows XP is totally up to date on downloads and service packs.

That should be step 1.

Does your comps mobo have onboard graphics also as well as the Gforce 4 card? If so, then pull the Gforce card, uninstall its drivers, and use your onboard graphics to install DX9. Then you can re-install your MX400 and that should work.

If you don't have onboard graphics, uninstall your Gforce driver completely then reinstall the driver and try to install DX9 again. If that doesn't work then let us know. Were gonna try to keep it all in the realm of the graphics before we start worrying about problems in the OS.
  • Yayo01Yayo01 Member
    edited April 2006
    jradmin wrote:
    Make sure your Windows XP is totally up to date on downloads and service packs.

That should be step 1.

Does your comps mobo have onboard graphics also as well as the Gforce 4 card? If so, then pull the Gforce card, uninstall its drivers, and use your onboard graphics to install DX9. Then you can re-install your MX400 and that should work.

If you don't have onboard graphics, uninstall your Gforce driver completely then reinstall the driver and try to install DX9 again. If that doesn't work then let us know. Were gonna try to keep it all in the realm of the graphics before we start worrying about problems in the OS.

Does your comps mobo have onboard graphics also as well as the Gforce 4 card?*

Onboard graphics..as in the memory stick? if so, yeah and it has the GF4 too.

Im just 15...no idea in screwing those stuff....By The way...where do u get those drivers? since i lost the GF4 CD (2 years ago)
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    No, onboard Graphics means exactly that, an onboard graphics card, nothing to do with a memory stick. You know, like a GeForce Go, Radeon Mobility, Intel Extreme Graphics, etc.

Get the Drivers from the nVidia site (duh).
    edited April 2006
    If you have onboard graphics, you should have another monitor port on the back of your computer even after you pull out your Gforce 4. I'm betting you don't but if you do that will really help.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_84.21.html

That link goes to the driver you'll need.
  • Yayo01Yayo01 Member
    edited April 2006
    jradmin wrote:
    If you have onboard graphics, you should have another monitor port on the back of your computer even after you pull out your Gforce 4. I'm betting you don't but if you do that will really help.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_84.21.html

That link goes to the driver you'll need.

i see a second monitor port...the one that is attached to the mobo