Any Oldskool gamers here?

JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
edited June 2007 in Gaming
I am so into the Retro gaming scene right now. Does anyone here enjoy a little classic gaming?

if so, post your collection and/or what you are really into right now!

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited June 2007
    I have 1000's of rom's for my xbox for console's and mame. The games that I generally keep going to though are

Mame:
    BlackTiger
    Samurai Showdown
    Cadash

Sega Genesis:
    Shadowrun
    Chakan

Tubro Graphix 16:
    Military Madness
    Bomberman
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    I play my NES PIP on my PC via the VGA inputs. :)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Dudes, make me feel old why don't you?

This isn't retro, this was state of the art when I was a kid!

When you said old school gaming, I thought you were talking about something like Zork. The first games that I played with "Graphics" actually just used the ASCII character set in creative ways. When I was younger, if I wanted to play a game on my dad's PC (which had no hard drive) I had to program it myself, then program it again the next time I wanted to play it, because for some reason GWBASIC couldn't save to the floppy drive for me...
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Same here, GH :-/
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    I still play Jackal for NES, and I'm a total Galaga addict. I play the old Dragon Warriors and Final Fantasies from time to time, too. I no longer play Legend of the Red Dragon on BBSs, because it is crack.
    (twitch... need more forest fights... twitch)
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Lets dust of my Atari & bust out some PONG! I think I still have a Odyssey 200 that my Dad bought :) I look at it now and man we have come so far since the 70's... I wasn't even born when this thing was made, but it was fun to play even in the 80's when I could play games.

I had more fun with Colecovision than any others...

I have a feeling these might be to old to be retro...
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Gargoyle wrote:
    I still play Jackal for NES, and I'm a total Galaga addict. I play the old Dragon Warriors and Final Fantasies from time to time, too. I no longer play Legend of the Red Dragon on BBSs, because it is crack.
    (twitch... need more forest fights... twitch)

omg Jackal was the shiz! I never beat it though, that and Topgun for NES i enjoyed a lot. For PC my classics are Fallen Haven, Mechwarrior 2, and Diablo II. They may not be ancient, but I do require at least some decent graphics... I love 2D games like Fallen haven and Diablo II becuase they still look good to this day IMHO. Sprites FTW!
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    anyone figure out how to play MULE? I booted it up and i was all like "huh..."
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    I used to play Zork: The Great Underground Empire quite a bit. Then I picked up MUDs though most of my favorites are offline now. I played quite a bit of GroundZERO and Ground Zero 2, was an imm for awhile on Moment in Tyme, and played Bad Trip extensively. I also played Tron and BattleTech 3065 MUX.

I played Scorched Earth extensively on the school PCs (I had a Mac). I didn't really pick up any PC games until like 1999 and started with the old DOS MechWarrior 2 games.

Of course, I played a lot of console games too.

-drasnor :fold:
  • macdude425macdude425 Mr. Roger's Neighborhood
    edited June 2007
    My NES is the newest console I have. Well, save for my GBA which gets used once every millennium.

Aside from that, I also have an Intellivision and about 25 games, which I will play for hours on end whenever the mood strikes me.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited June 2007
    the oldest game i play is cs 1.6.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    dragon's lair
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    macdude425 wrote:
    My NES is the newest console I have. Well, save for my GBA which gets used once every millennium.

Aside from that, I also have an Intellivision and about 25 games, which I will play for hours on end whenever the mood strikes me.

Yesss. Atlantis + Tron!