Tinker, tinker...

sgstairsgstair Reverse EngineerRedmond, WA Icrontian
edited October 2003 in Folding@Home
... little star

um no.. evidently f@h has run out of tasty gromacs wu's?
anyone else have an idea what's going on?

-Stephen

Comments

• BDRBDR
    edited October 2003
    I'm getting Tinkers too. :wtf:
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    They have a few grants for continuing work that is best done with Tinkers, and in some cases this is work derived from Genome results-- the paid for work type work lets them improve their servers some. I am getting them also, mixed with some Gromacs units. They are sending Gromacs to the stablest and fastest boxes, they are making Gromacs more and more complex with fluid and temp factors plugged into Gromacs calcs now, and mostly my P4 is getting more Gromacs units than my Barton box. At this rate, I will hit 10K about December 25 or 26.

John.
  • edited October 2003
    No, that's not it, Ageek. I just checked and it looks like the main asiignment server is fuxored, besides having other servers giving trouble too.:banghead: :banghead: And Stanford must be out merrily playing around instead of having someone there to check the servers out on the weekend, as usual.:rolleyes: :mad2:

The reason you are getting Tinker and Genome crap right now is because the port 80 assignment server is the only assignment server in operation and it doesn't do Gromacs, just the other 2.:mad2:

I just dumped a genome WU myself; I refuse to do any that I catch because I value my electricity more than Stanford does points assignments for genome work for a folding team.:banghead: :banghead:
  • JonseyJonsey Microsoft Corporation
    edited October 2003
    My Proc (p4 2.8 (first revision) ) is merrilly cranking along at 48*C, so I've still got a Gromacs.

It drops 5* C when I hit a tinker. :p