Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Stick and H.A.W.X review

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited May 2009 in Gaming

Comments

• JasonJason H. R. Chufnstuf PDX Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Awesome review, Brian. It was funny, informative and you looked great. The only thing I'd suggest would be to tighten up the camera switches a bit. In my opinion, the camera changed angles a little too often in the beginning, and the bouncing back and forth was a tad distracting. Other than that, excellent first effort.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    There are many places we'll be making improvements to the video review process; a workflow must needs be developed :D
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, awesome review. I think games should be reviewed in video form. I don't think words can do some games justice.

Although I have to agree that the camera changes are a bit sloppy, I can see you using the side camera for extra stuff or jokes, but I don't see any need for you to switch cameras every sentence.
  • edited April 2009
    good review! sound was out of sync at times : ( and this reminded me of Natasha Westcoat lol
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Excellent. Very glad to see video on Icrontic.

Agreed with the others on camera switching, but don't do away with it! A single camera show is going to be terribly boring if you don't cut to other things like game footage. But you'll want to have a reason to cut to camera 2. A camera switch serves as a perfect transition. So Perhaps you read one bit of the review to cam 1 (the first paragraph, if you will) then move to cam 2 for the next bit.

I did like cutting to cam 2 at 3:30 while you were still addressing cam 1. That's a great way to break up a long read where not a lot is happening. A long read with just one static camera shot becomes boring. This spiced it up.

Lighting looks quite good, and with the color of the wall, you've got a nice setup for shooting video there. Mic levels were good as well. You might want to try getting some natural sound off the game video when it's up, and adjusting the levels so it's under your voice over.

This is a bold step in the right direction, good work guys!
    edited April 2009
    Oh, and the best part of this review - when Kyle gets on cam and then Linc starts telling you about the fact that Tom Clancy is indeed living.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    that was good, very entertaining. Good start for the video reviews.
    edited April 2009
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I lol'ed a lot.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    For the record, Tom Clancy is from Baltimore, he is part owner of the Orioles, thus, he rules!!
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Good review but crappy product. I've never been one to enjoy flight sticks, especially ones that aren't labeled at all
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited May 2009
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Very good and entertaining though I think it kinda veered off topic towards the middle but kept me watching because of the humor. Not sure if you storyboard anything but I noticed several times that could have been rehearsed to keep the "uhh" and other thinking moments from the video that you might want to keep out.

Love the video review idea for Icrontic too, keep them coming!
    edited May 2009
    The uh stuff should and could have been fixed in editing; we didn't have time :(
  • trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Great job!

(Those little girls need a haircut though.... :) )
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited May 2009
    Hah nice job Prime :)

It's nice to see you on video getting excited about a phalus...

Damn, that last sentence sounds gay "out of context" lol
    edited May 2009
    and you get same result in context as well.
    edited May 2009
    I just want to reiterate that I am having a total riot with this game.

Last night I spent a couple of hours playing. The geographic accuracy is awesome (They use actual satellite imagery from Ikonos and GeoEye), so when you're, say, flying over Rio de Janerio, you can be pretty sure that that's how Rio actually looks.

Speaking of Rio, I flew a very intense mission there, and at one point actually crashed into Cristo Redentor (the big Jesus statue); talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Just so you know, taking out tanks in the city streets, with skyscrapers surrounding them, without crashing into buildings or taking out city blocks with your missiles is demanding and exacting work ;)
  • edited May 2009
    lol awesome review
    heh
    'teabag,' only for men

I want both of these things now
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    You WANT a Tea Bag? ;D
  • edited May 2009
    well yes
    but what i meant was that i want hawx and the thrustmaster