It's settled: Modified L4D2 to be sold in Australia

2»

Comments

• edited October 2009
    They could always release the unrated version of the game over Steam with no problems.

Austrailia's government is run by a bunch of loons.
  • StarmanStarman Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Koreish wrote:
    N'o' Y'o'u' ''' apostrophe rage ''''''''''''''''
    *dies*
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    They could always release the unrated version of the game over Steam with no problems.

Austrailia's government is run by a bunch of loons.

Not for long, if Communications Minister Stephen Conroy gets his way. He's looking to extend the ban on MA games from retail to digital downloads as well.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    gday.jpg

Communications Minister Stephen Conroy can jog on.
  • edited October 2009
    I'm an Australian, and i reckon that the OFLCs reaction to l4d2is outraageous. I mean seriously the level of gore in l4d1 was fine but no we cant have any guts at all. WTF is going on???!!!
  • edited October 2009
    OFLC Can go die for all i care.
    Why Should Aussie have to go without one of the best experiences ever?Makes me want to move to the U.S.A or something 0_o
  • edited November 2009
    How the heck did the soldier of fortune series pass aus classification... there was plenty of dismemberment, blood and lots of guts in that game. Plenty more than L4D... continually shooting a corpse leads to the body gradually breaking down into bones becoming exposed, you can even blast parts of their skull apart, and shooting the gut results in intestines falling out.

I think valve should just not bother releasing it to us because their customer support lines are going to get a whole lot of requests for a refund, unless they successfully ninja their way past loopholes in the law and uncensor the game in an update.