Razer DeathAdder 3500dpi mouse review

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited September 2010 in Science & Tech

Comments

• ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    I've been in the market for a mouse for the longest time!! I think this review will finally put an end to it.

I've pulled out my old Intellimouse Explorer 3.0A from my junk box many times-- it has out lived many other mice and hopefully I can toss it back into the junk box for the last time.

Thanks for the review!
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    That is a completely acceptable price for a quality mouse. When my MX Revolution frustrates me for the last time (soon, at current rate) Razer is definitely getting my business.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Talk about timing. Literally 2 hours after I made the above post, my MX Revolution decided that it didn't have a charge despite being at 2 bars just a few minutes prior. I charged it for 8 hours and it was still dead.

I was at Microcenter yesterday morning picking up some parts for a client and saw that they had the 3500DPI DeathAdder for $55. Sold.

This mouse is amazing. Took a few hours to get used to the precision, but now I feel like I was using a dead fish for a mouse in the past. Gaming is spectacular, but as Brian pointed out above, this is so much more than just a great gaming mouse.

:cheers:
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited November 2009
    That's a pretty funny coincidence. Maybe I'll look into one of these if my Centrios X7 mouse ever dies.

Incidentally, the Centrios X7 has been a spectacular gaming mouse for me. The DPI's scalable from 600 to 2500 with a toggle button right on the mouse itself, and the thing has been surprisingly durable. I usually kill mice within 6-9 months, and this thing's more than a year old.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    I am considering upgrading from my G5 for this mouse... Looks pretty sweet...
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Microsoft X8. Want.
  • SerpSerp Texas Member
    edited November 2009
    Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0

Best gaming mouse ever

microsoftintellimouseexm.jpg

edited November 2009
    Serp wrote:
    Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0

Best gaming mouse ever

mk_po_ime3_main.jpg

It needs to be black, before it can be considered for gaming..
  • MJOMJO Denmark New
    edited November 2009
    Nice I might go buy that when it arrives here in Denmark.
    It looks a lot like my Razer/M$ Habu, but doesn't have the glowpipe (BTW: that seems to be broken on my Habu, I just noticed it. :) ) and the DPI switches next to the scroll wheel.
    I like the Habu, but I do not like that Razer and Microsoft cannot decide who makes drivers etc. for it.
    edited December 2009
    heh.. found an X8 for $60 and got it instead. I now realize how much my mousing surface sucks. The magnetic charging system is pretty slick.
  • edited September 2010
    I bought this mouse yesterday and would like to point out a feature that was missed (for those unfamiliar with the original) you can hot key the two side buttons for dpi switching which makes this all the better