Battery life ratings: Time for a do-over

2»

Comments

• Lee
    edited October 2009
    I have been a longtime apple user and I have found their ratings to be accurate, if not less than what I can get during productivity use. I currently use a new Apple MacBook Pro 17" with a published 7 hour battery life and I have seen 9-10 continuous hours from it on a number of occasions.
  • Bob
    edited October 2009
    1/283 = 0.35%, not 0.003%
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Thanks for pointing out the error.
  • edited October 2009
    I came in here to see this excerpt from your post myself:

"Of the 283 respondents, just one (0.003%) felt that they could not be classified by the categories we had selected. We had expected the margin of error to be much higher than that, so a margin of just 0.003% let us know that we were definitely onto something big."

But I guess you got to the reddit comment page first and already edited the original without indicating it. You should probably take a couple courses on statistics and journalism.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Yes, because making one typo - .003 vs .003% - is definitely worth redoing all schooling.
  • edited October 2009
    Depleted Uranium super batteries! Exposed just once on the net by a super patriot! Do they really exist? Can they possibly be as good as all that? Why can't the Navy Labs that produced them come clean, in hard times adnlet the common folk have them? Would they really solve the "Electric Car " dilemma? Even at the high weights given, the power outputs are astronomical! We need help here!
  • edited November 2009
    Yeah, I saw that too.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Stand back, I'm going to use Science. And if your super-battery relies on the radioactive properties of DU, you can just keep on hoping. Nobody is going to sell you radioactive materials hot enough to power anything.

-drasnor :fold:
  • edited February 2010
    I don't know about using a full on 3d benchmarker during a battery test. No one expects to play much more than solitaire on battery power.
    edited February 2010
    Except for professionals who expect to be able to do their work on battery power.
    Except for travelers who expect to be able to listen to music or watch movies on battery power.
    Except for everybody who wants to check email on the go or do some work down at the coffee shop on battery power.

Cool generalization, bro.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    I think he was just referring to gaming on battery power Snarky.

Cool ragetrip bro.
    edited February 2010
    Who was raging?

Cool assumption, bro.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Snarkasm wrote:
    Cool generalization, bro.
    I believe you misread his statement.
    Azati wrote:
    No one expects to play much more than solitaire on battery power.
    None of your counterexamples used 3D rendering, unless the professional was an animator or game dev.
    edited February 2010
    I recognize the misinterpretation - "play much more" was interpreted as "do much more than play."