Palm Pre overclocked to 800MHz

ThraxThrax 🐌Austin, TX Icrontian
edited March 2010 in Science & Tech

Comments

• croc_croc_ New
    edited March 2010
    I wonder if my roommate would mind if I fry his pre ...
  • edited March 2010
    OMG! Great news for serious Palm Pre gamers! 600Mhz overclocked to 800MHz?! That's ridiculously awesome. That would make the Palm Pre not only the best multitasker but the fastest smartphone in it's class! Keep up the great work Palm Pre developers!
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    This is really quite cool, this makes me want a pre.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    preDever wrote:
    OMG! Great news for serious Palm Pre gamers! 600Mhz overclocked to 800MHz?! That's ridiculously awesome. That would make the Palm Pre not only the best multitasker but the fastest smartphone in it's class!

I think you left your truth at home today. Would you mind retracting that statement? Thx.
  • lmorchardlmorchard {web,mad,computer} scientist Portland, OR Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    preDever wrote:
    OMG! Great news for serious Palm Pre gamers! 600Mhz overclocked to 800MHz?! That's ridiculously awesome. That would make the Palm Pre not only the best multitasker but the fastest smartphone in it's class! Keep up the great work Palm Pre developers!

I'm a Pre dev and fanboy, and even I think you need to stop for a breath there. :hair:
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Snarkasm wrote:
    I think you left your truth at home today. Would you mind retracting that statement? Thx.

I dunno, he might be telling the truth depending on how you classify smartphones. If you put Palms offerings into the "Smartest phone on the short bus" category then Android based devices (including the Nexus One which runs a 1GHz processor FYI preDever) into the "actual smart phone" class...