edited September 2010 in Gaming

Comments

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    [Obligatory "I'm on a boat" reference here]
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    O Captain, my captain!

The website states a demo will be dropping sometime this month. I'll definitely give that a whirl, but I'm usually not one for "sim" games.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    I watched the Norseman play it for a few days. It looks fun and like something I'd like to try, but the graphic glitches were pretty horrible. I can see it being extremely frustrating.
    edited September 2010
    Hopefully whatever patch they are releasing fixes that. That's why I'd only go for the demo atm.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Yes, it is extremely annoying, but there are ways to avoid the glitches, but it'll ruin the immersion. I think what they did to this game was rush it and launch it too soon. The first game, where there was no release pressure and no awaiting fans was literally bug-free IIRC.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    The water certainly looks good.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    but only when using AMD GPUs?
    edited September 2010
    Well hopefully they'll get it patched up nicely.
  • edited September 2010
    They would have had me in the shops tomorrow to buy this game if it was a world war one battleships sim; I used to enjoy "task force 1942" (ww2), but the graphics were lame. Being ex navy I often thought about a game to take a heavy cruiser or battleship out of harbour, form up with the fleet; battle waves winds and fog; even do my own navigation with star and sun shots. Exchange fire with the enemy; Launch recon aircraft; take battle damage; have amunition choices; retire to bases for fuel; resupply, repair. Probably too much to ask for these days.