If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

BF3 Beta and initial thoughts

2»

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    I may have to try this....

-Digi
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    I hope they never fix that.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    Just played 2 rounds and I gotta say I really like the game. Love the feel and the weapons so far.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    Video removed by user :(
  • QCHQCH Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    UPSLynx said:
    Video removed by user :(
    I can recap the video... tanks and trucks doing somersaults and rocketing into the air all while commentary summarized with the following three words "WHAT THE FU$K" over and over. ;D
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    Yeah that guy could use a bigger vocabulary but the vehicles rotating in slow motion was great.
    edited Oct 2011
    QCH said:
    I can recap the video... tanks and trucks doing somersaults and rocketing into the air all while commentary summarized with the following three words "WHAT THE FU$K" over and over. ;D
    This. It also noted in the description that this guy (The youtube poster) had recorded it from a live stream. It was not him in the video so that is what probably lead to it being taken down. Watching a tank shoot off like a rocket and then 15 seconds later land straight on this guys head was ridiculously hilarious. I hope the original video surfaces.

-Digi
  • StarmanStarman Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    I remember playing BF2 and suddenly I'd be sailing slowly through the sky in our APC, just flying along on my last vector. It was kinda trippy. The video was down when I got here--was it anything like that?
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    Exactly like that, yes.
  • SonorousSonorous Shredmaster Virginia Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    I REALLY doubt they are going to make in game squad creation impossible. You have to remember that this is a beta and we are only testing certain things. There are a few of features that are not live in the beta now that I would almost guarantee will be in gold. Look back at all of the other BF games. They have a system that people like and Dice is not stupid enough to change it to a point where their fan base will hate it. Once the 25th hits I think we will all really enjoy the product dice has put out, like we always do. Minus BF2: Modern Combat. That shit was bad. Everyone gets one though... mirite?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Dallas Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    Tushon said:
    Perhaps, they are working on a better in game browser and don't want to go public with it yet ... I bet it is just a hold over.
    I'm Nostradamus.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Dewmander Misery Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    Tushon said:
    I'm Nostradamus.
    Hate to tell you this, but he ded.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Dallas Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    TiberiusLazarus said:
    Hate to tell you this, but he ded.

• TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Dewmander Misery Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    edited Oct 2011
    It was an IGN Vid, thats why it got pulled:

Lulz again

-Digi
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    That was hysterical. Thanks for the repost
  • FearmyblinkFearmyblink California Member
    edited Oct 2011
    Has anyone had problems with the Caspian Border map? i lag a little bit like every 5-10 seconds, if it were playable for me i could see how fun that map would be with the vehicles and all, a real BF sandbox map.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited Oct 2011
    I like Caspian Border but it rapes my PC.
2»