VIA launches the VE-900 mini-ITX kit

BasilBasil NubcaekEngland Icrontian
edited November 2011 in Science & Tech

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Now, can anyone recommend a nice mini-ITX case?
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Anything you like the look of from CFI on the low end up to something like Fractal's Array R2 on the high end.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Rami wrote:
    Now, can anyone recommend a nice mini-ITX case?

I have been leaning toward getting one of the LIAN LI PC-Q08A cases but not sure which color. They come in black, silver and red.

attachment.php?attachmentid=29491&stc=1&d=1321311524attachment.php?attachmentid=29492&stc=1&d=1321311524attachment.php?attachmentid=29493&stc=1&d=1321311524
  • edited November 2011
    It's such a shame their Linux graphics drivers are so awful. They keep pretending they're going to open source them one day and never do... All the time while not updating them themselves.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Sugo SG05B
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Looks like they have their eye on the embedded industrial market. You might call serial and parallel legacy, but new industrial peripherals are made using those interfaces every day.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    Sugo SG05B

+1

Silverstone rules the mITX market.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Micheal Fox says outright that VIA aren't aiming for the embedded market with this.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dMkP4d1Bdms?rel=0&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They're playing it up as "the ideal platform for DIY enthusiasts to custom build stylish home desktop and media center PCs".

I know serial/parallel ports are still used and will continue to be for years but they are legacy ports, that's not a perjorative just a fact.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I'd like to see some HQV scores, and a list of supported HW-accelerated codecs+bitrates before I have any faith.