ICMC: The Restart

Comments

• UPSMatLUPSMatL Metal Maniac Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    Good point Digi, I cleared it today and still had time to clear for some more plots .. Working as a community again has been a blast.
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited February 2012
    I finished an enchanting table with all 30 bookshelves at my home. The home is on plot B3. Feel free to utilize the table (just be careful because removing any part of it does not return the base materials). Also be careful not to let any house hold pets I have out of their cages.
  • Has the circled mini island been claimed? If not, I am wondering if I have permission to construct a replica (pixel art) statue of liberty on said island?
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Zombie spawner at

Nevermind.... creeper just blew it up.
  • dern creepers be creepin'. Also hatin'.
  • Strange trend of creepers destroying spawners lately. :(
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    The other day Spencer and I were planning on going on an adventure to grab more minerals and the like for the community chests. Unfortunately I had to get off before we could get started so I'd like to list what I took from the community chests to prepare.

64 units of sticks to create torches
    32 units of sticks to add to my own iron supply for pickaxes, swords, and shovels.

AFAIK we are going to continue the adventure today and once that is done I will replace the wood that I borrowed from the chests.

EDIT: Bladephoenix tells me to log onto Minecraft just 10 minutes ago, now once upon a time I lent him my account because I never used it until now.

Well when I log on there's A FREAKING SHED IN MY HOUSE, not only that but a big sign the says 'Hey hey hey Stay outta my shed'

Now I'm sort of pissed, but also laughing my ass off, after all this can be fixed in a minute or two of work, what I wasn't expecting however was to see my house sign.

"Castle Canuck Twilight Sparkle is Best Pony" which is perhaps the biggest troll of all...
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    Spent some time yesterday working on the tunnel section near my area (B9).

The North-South tunnel from the intersection of B9-A9-B10-A10 through the outer gate around spawn is all dug out 5x5 with sandstone street/ceiling.

I'm going to start working my way West toward the industrials next.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

EDIT: Bladephoenix tells me to log onto Minecraft just 10 minutes ago, now once upon a time I lent him my account because I never used it until now.

Well when I log on there's A FREAKING SHED IN MY HOUSE, not only that but a big sign the says 'Hey hey hey Stay outta my shed'

Now I'm sort of pissed, but also laughing my ass off, after all this can be fixed in a minute or two of work, what I wasn't expecting however was to see my house sign.

"Castle Canuck Twilight Sparkle is Best Pony" which is perhaps the biggest troll of all...
    Yes, naming a castle "Castle Canuk" is a big troll, but I see no problem with the rest of that statement. Oh, and I have a shed just like that in my basement.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    I don't know anything about these shacks, but lets all consider the fine line between trolling and griefing. By my definition, for example, if it can not be undone easily within a couple minutes, I consider it griefing.

-Digi
  • Also, lets consider e-security for a second. Don't give your password out to anyone ever. Also, change your password if someone else has it.
    Oh yeah, don't worry about the shack type stuff. Just Icrontic having fun.

We like to mess with each other (as evidenced by the signs in my house, or the snow from the snow golem that was rolling around, or people covering AFK players with dirt). We all know to keep it silly and easy to fix, so no harm no foul.
    edited February 2012
    I got it down in like 3 seconds no problem.

I just thought it was funny cause of the shed.MOV

Continuing the tradition

• BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    I stand behind my initial assessment—WUTADIK.

Also, check your basement for recovered ADVENTURE! (tm) loot.
  • Hey guys, who wants to explore my super-deep hole?
    Come to my rape dungeon, I'll be there all day.

PS. 3 spawners found

Skeles : Double Spawner

x201.38
    y12.62
    z167.91

Zombie

x222.12
    y13.62
    z183.00

No creepers blown em up yet AFAIK.
    edited February 2012
    HELP!!!!!!

I wanted to ride the pig in spawn and now I can't get out!!!

EDIT: nevermind I managed to take advantage the split second where my wool was on the ground to hop out.
    @ilriyas I killed off your lava at castle canuck. It caught your two watch towers ablaze, and was starting fire in your doorway. I saw it burning from my house, rushed over and put it out. I realized the lava flows continued to start fires at the base, so I had to kill them.

Fire can propogate up to two blocks away from source. You had wood from the towers one block away. They don't burn immediately, but they have a small chance of igniting over time. If you redo the lava, make sure everything is over two blocks away from it (this is why I can't light up my fireplace in my house.)

HELP!!!!!!

I wanted to ride the pig in spawn and now I can't get out!!!

EDIT: nevermind I managed to take advantage the split second where my wool was on the ground to hop out.
    Let it be known that on the 2x2 section of fence this happened in there sat a sign, and I quote:

"This pig is an Ass Hole, Do Not Ride"

-Digi
    PS. 3 spawners found

Skeles : Double Spawner

x201.38
    y12.62
    z167.91

Zombie

x222.12
    y13.62
    z183.00

No creepers blown em up yet AFAIK.
    A Double Skele spawner is a magnificent find! Thank you for reporting it, a trip out there with a bucket and we shall have bones and arrows for all!

-Digi

• Let it be known that on the 2x2 section of fence this happened in there sat a sign, and I quote:

"This pig is an Ass Hole, Do Not Ride"

-Digi
    LMAO. I love it.
    @UPSLynx, thanks for that I honestly didn't consider the possibility of that occurring.

In light of my stupidity I quote Chunk from the Ripping Friends "OW FRICTION BURNS!"
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    Looks like I've found one of the dungeons o_O

Edit: Removed for Community Reserve

I managed to tunnel into it from the side accidentally and found this entrance while poking about.

Edit: by dungeon, I mean stronghold
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    Strongholds do have naturally occurring spiral stairs made of stone blocks. Nice find!
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    Spider spawner at 88,51,-76
    and another at 98,56,-162
  • Howdy folks. Got word of the server restart and decided to come back and perhaps start playing here again.

I do have a question though. On the previous server, I had most my fun tunneling around at very deep levels and occasionally connecting to things (my tunnels were 3x3 at level 7 if memory serves. Having read the rules for the new server with land claims and all, it sounds like this is perhaps forbidden. Is this the case?

Thanks.
  • GorzoGorzo Columbus, OH
    edited February 2012
    MOO. SHROOMS. Mooshroom biome found at -1750, -1450. I'll bring a few to town.

Also, the worst NPC village ever spawned can be found out by the nether portal to the Nether Fortress, way out at -3925, -1150. It has a small house, 3 little farms, and a well. that's it. I lol'd. The Nether portal is out on the ice in the ocean east of this hut, if you're looking for it.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Zombie spawner found at

x = -144
    y = 43
    z =-696
  • Howdy folks. Got word of the server restart and decided to come back and perhaps start playing here again.

I do have a question though. On the previous server, I had most my fun tunneling around at very deep levels and occasionally connecting to things (my tunnels were 3x3 at level 7 if memory serves. Having read the rules for the new server with land claims and all, it sounds like this is perhaps forbidden. Is this the case?

Thanks.
    Not forbidden, just restricted. Find an unclaimed section of outland, claim it, make sure your tunnels stay (more or less) within that area. (Digi will correct me if I'm mistaken here)
    Not forbidden, just restricted. Find an unclaimed section of outland, claim it, make sure your tunnels stay (more or less) within that area. (Digi will correct me if I'm mistaken here)
    Yup. Just to further explain "claim it". Go scout out the area you wan to build on. Throw me the coord in the plot request thread. I'll verify all is well and give you the thumbs up.

-Digi