If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Icrontic Expo 2014: The gaming & general geekery event you don't want to miss. Read about what's new this year and then buy tickets here.

Taco Bell and ICHQ Detroit

primesuspectprimesuspect HumanGarbageDisposalDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited Mar 2012 in Our Community
@Charshie. @UPSLynx. @Thrax.

I'm really sorry. We didn't think this through.

Comments

• TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Dewmander Misery Icrontian
    edited Mar 2012
    Dear @primesuspect,

6 miles is not far.

Love,
    the Midwest
  • primesuspectprimesuspect HumanGarbageDisposal Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited Mar 2012
    Dear @TiberiusLazarus

If you saw the six miles between our nice neighborhood and that Taco Bell, you'd revise your opinion.

You know all those media stories about Detroit? Yeah, those are there.

Love,

The Hood
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Dewmander Misery Icrontian
    Oh...

Helicopter?
  • ardichokeardichoke Buttes Master B Lansing, MI Icrontian
    Next IC fundraiser: Taco Tank.
  • colacola the dick man himself Right behind you Icrontian
    edited Mar 2012
    Could we dig a tunnel? Zipline network? Teleportation device?

Lynx needs his
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Member
    The closest taco bell to me is literally 1.8 miles, and there are 5 other in the area.
  • They're supposed to have new Doritos tacos coming out soon.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    Well I suggest we walk in a peaceful march where we join hands in protest of the violence and ignorance while singing "we shall overcome" in loud defiance!

On second thought let's not go to taco bell, 'tis a silly place.
  • ardichokeardichoke Buttes Master B Lansing, MI Icrontian
    closest taco bell to my house is 3.5 mi... I thought I felt a lack of taco presence nearby
  • JokkeJokke Nuvsvaag, Norway Icrontian
    edited Mar 2012
    We don't have Taco Bell in Scandinavia. Quit bitching.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

To be honest, Taco Bell isn't terribly close to the current ICHQ, right? It usually take an effort for @Thrax and I to hook it up. Then again, we didn't have to pack a piece when we went, so....
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    What about across the river to "C" on the map there? Possible longer route for less chance of death?

-Digi
  • IlriyasIlriyas Magician, Sunbro, Grossly Incandescent Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Considering that I don't eat Taco Bell I have no problem with this, I'd hate to see those listed above go through a 'Taco-Bell withdrawal' but as long as there's a local Subway I'm good. :D
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut Austin, TX Icrontian
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

To be honest, Taco Bell isn't terribly close to the current ICHQ, right? It usually take an effort for @Thrax and I to hook it up. Then again, we didn't have to pack a piece when we went, so....
    We can work miracles, Bobby. It will be done.

• UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    You might want to find a possible route there soon because...

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    What about across the river to "C" on the map there? Possible longer route for less chance of death?

-Digi

requires a passport or one of those fancy driver/passport things Michigan gets
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Taco Bell is a two minute walk from my room and this town is smalltime. This is unacceptable.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    You chose...poorly.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    OMG Doritos Tacos and Beefy Crunch Burrito? Yum Brands indeed!!
    Also, I have a passport card, I'm good to go to Windsor!! I must make a return visit to Motor Burger... The look on the Border Guard when you tell him you're sole reason for going to Canada is for a hamburger is priceless...

-Digi
    That's another country, sir.

Although it can be said that Canadian Taco Bell has french fries going for it. Weird.
    Erreybody bring a passport!
  • IlriyasIlriyas Magician, Sunbro, Grossly Incandescent Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited Mar 2012
    Although it can be said that Canadian Taco Bell has french fries going for it. Weird.
    Canada Taco Bell is best Taco Bell
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut Austin, TX Icrontian

Canada Taco Bell is best Taco Bell
    Don't get cocky, kid.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    Dear @TiberiusLazarus

If you saw the six miles between our nice neighborhood and that Taco Bell, you'd revise your opinion.

You know all those media stories about Detroit? Yeah, those are there.

Love,

The Hood
    Pfft.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    This thread amuses me. Also, I would love to take a trip to Canada for those hamburgers now that I have a passport.

And as far as tacos go... we should just have epic taco/carnitas/guacamole night at the new ICHQ. :)
    Just for the hamburgers?...I'm sorry but I think I feel a great sadness welling up inside me.
    Ilriyas, you know not of what you speak.

Those burgers sound amazing and I may have to make a trip to Windsor to see for myself.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited Mar 2012
    There's a Del Taco in Dearborn Hieghts, if you want yummy tacos and not get killed for them.

5644 North Telegraph Road
    Dearborn Heights, MI 48127

Fun Fact: I lived in Dearborn Heights in the mid-90s, and my brother war born there.
    I am definitely up for a trip back to Windsor for MotorBurger... Best burger ever!!!
  • Church4252Church4252 K-Pop authority™, Gundam Meister Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    Dear Bobby, Taco Bell is not real food. Especially in California....
  • CharshieCharshie Hollywood, California Icrontian
    Binh, don't talk trash about the BELLE! @_@ Ooooooh nummy crunch wraps...I will freakin' brave any streets to purchase you.
    edited Mar 2012
    Taco Bell is quickly starting to sound less and less like standard fare and more and more like an addiction...

...Now if you'll excuse me it's 1:00am I need another Coke.
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited Mar 2012
    Bleh, whatever.

White Castle's where it's at, anyway.

(Taco Bell is ok too though, I guess. 10 bucks for 12 tacos is pretty good.)
  • Church4252Church4252 K-Pop authority™, Gundam Meister Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    Binh, don't talk trash about the BELLE! @_@ Ooooooh nummy crunch wraps...I will freakin' brave any streets to purchase you.
    Only speaking the truth =)
  • TsumeBonesTsumeBones San Diego
    I'll pass on taco bell after last year's "fake meat" fiasco.

Taco Bell could be people and I'd still eat it.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    I'll pass on taco bell after last year's "fake meat" fiasco.

But that 'fiasco' only proved that their fake meat is indeed real USDA beef. Nothing fake about it. It isn't as low grade as all the haters want it too be. Even if it were as fake as the accusers said it was, I'd still frigging eat it because it's delicious.

So many people are missing the point on this. I don't want authentic Mexican (even though I love Mexican.) I want TACO BELL. It is my favorite food, period. It is cheap, and it is delicious. Authenticity can kiss off - taco Belle is Americanized fast food at its best.
  • KoreishKoreish KCMO Icrontian
    Taco Bell could be Soylent Green and I'd still eat it.
    FTFY
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian

How's the White Castle situation look?
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    So many people are missing the point on this. I don't want authentic Mexican (even though I love Mexican.) I want TACO BELL. It is my favorite food, period. It is cheap, and it is delicious. Authenticity can kiss off - taco Belle is Americanized fast food at its best.
    I feel you on this Lynx. While I'm not into Taco Bell, I tell this to peeps about Panda Express. I love me some Chinese Food but sometimes I just want some Panda.

-Digi
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian

Pretty good, actually. I'm eating some right now as I'm typing this.

Their cheeseburgers are amazing. Plus I can pick off the pickle's and give them to Shannon to share.

Pretty good, actually. I'm eating some right now as I'm typing this.

Their cheeseburgers are amazing. Plus I can pick off the pickle's and give them to Shannon to share.

I believe she's refering to White Castle's potential availability at ICHQ, it's an Icrontic tradition after all.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    Nothing like deep-fried White Castle :thumbsup:

Heh. Well, not to be racissssssss, but..... we're in Detroit so they're on every corner. Along with KFC and Popeye's.

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    Prime your taco bell skills are terrible.

There's one on wayne state university campus, and one at livernois and fort.
    Shwaip, both of those are food court stores that are open during business hours only. On top of that, they only have limited menus.

SO YEAH.