Blockbuster Hollywood hit? Let's make a video game!

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited May 2012 in Gaming

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Betcha that tablet control has the same capabilities as the WiiMotion Plus.
  • NLichtmanNLichtman Spring Valley, CA
    I hope that it doesn't suck terribly like all of those video games based on movies that came before it. Wait, what am I saying? They always suck.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    I hope that it doesn't suck terribly like all of those video games based on movies that came before it. Wait, what am I saying? They always suck.
    GoldenEye007

/Trump

-Digi
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    ^This a million times this.

Also at least we can be safe in the fact that it wasn't one of the 'day of' game releases so it might be alright.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    ^This a million times this.

Also at least we can be safe in the fact that it wasn't one of the 'day of' game releases so it might be alright.
    It's always bothered me to see a game that was developed concurrently with the movie. I mean, I understand the critical timing aspect of marketing products associated with this sort of IP, but if the movie ended up being a surprise flop, that's just even more dollars ashed. If the movie's a huge hit, or you have a great game concept that happens to fit well with a movie (Goldeneye fo' sho'), then by all means go for it. A movie game solely for the purpose of getting a kid who had excitement seizures watching the movie to annoy their parents into buying it for them? It just seems like a waste to me. =/
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Y'all need to play some Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions and the 2002 Spider-man Movie game. They were good.
  • If you give me one good movie tie in game, I'll name you at least a dozen that were horrible.

The Spider-Man Movie game was good. A few of the Lord of the Rings games, while not mind blowing, were at least good. I liked the Phantom Menace Pod Racing game, not gonna lie. That said, there are litterally a hundred bad games released for marketing tie in's. It's like the indstry learned nothing from E.T.