Team Fortress 2 Mann vs. Machine Day 3: We finally meet the Hats

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    This sounds fun.

• LincLincoln Owner Detroit Icrontian
    The return of Left4Lobby, now with hats!
    primesuspectCantiThraxKoreish
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Got tired of trying to find a server that wasn't already full, so I am attempting to multitask my MC server to run TF2 as well
    Anyone have a quick and dirty config file (mayhaps the one IC uses) that I can just modify to run MvM only maps.
    edited August 2012
    pfft, I finally got the server set up. Went from 0 to max players in about 3 minutes. I forgot to put a password.

Fixed that. If anyone is interested in trying this out feel free. Don't expect a super smooth connection as the server isn't super and is currently house on the floor of my friends closet. It is a pissy 1.8 dual core xeon, with 12 gigs of RAM.

But the info is:

Beard Fortress 2
    Password: Icrontic
    Bandrik
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    Got a game in today. I had a good time and fully welcome the new game mode, though I can't wait to play with an IC team.

Random people... ugh... not so fun.
  • Well I'm worried that this is just a way to make money. I hope that this mode go's free after a while
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    null said:

Well I'm worried that this is just a way to make money.

primesuspectTheironhandCliff_Forster
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    * Not to scale.
    BuddyJ
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Well I'm worried that this is just a way to make money. I hope that this mode go's free after a while

Howdy Big walk,

The game mode has been 100% free since the second it came out. You only have to pay if you want to play Mann Up mode to get the rare drops.

-Digi
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Thrax said:

* Not to scale.

It's true. Gabe's money vault is far larger than depicted above.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    ......I'll just be over here playing Skyrim.
  • I can't seem to get a casual game going in less than ten minutes? What am I doing wrong?

I can't seem to get a casual game going in less than ten minutes? What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. There is simply just that much demand from players and slightly less supply of servers. As time goes by I imagine that will continue to thin out. It was 45-60 minutes on Wednesday when it dropped.

-Digi
  • I wonder why they don't manage it more like Left 4 Dead? Have a player host a game on demand?
    There is a lot of stuff that is odd they did not implement like L4D... Then again there is not a "pay to play on Valves servers" option in L4D so it may be intentionally easiest to go that route.

-Digi