CS:Source retro night?

2»

Comments

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    RootWyrm wrote:
    I only have the original Counter-Strike.. I could never bring myself to pay for CS:S. Especially since for some inexplicable reason, it's still $20. O.o

It's been going on sale for $5.00 every other month for pretty much ever. I'd just keep an eye out, or maybe someone on here has a gift copy. I'll try to remember to let you know if I see it on sale again.

Edit:
    I'm in a pub getting pounded right now. People are way too good at this.
  • Slayer5227Slayer5227 Elkridge Member
    edited August 2011
    Yeah it's fun though just hit up some gun game and you'll have a blasty blast
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    TOOONNIIIIIIGHT!

I don't know where yet, but look for an announcement on the Icrontic steam group. Around 8pm, I'll start looking for large, mostly-empty servers with alltalk. The main event starts at 9pm eastern time.

Feel free to help me look for servers, but I suggest holding off on joining wherever I am en masse until 9pm, since it gets difficult to herd people around from place to place.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    My body is ready.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Your lack of faith disturbs me

Gargoyle wrote:
    Around 8pm, I'll start looking for large, mostly-empty servers with alltalk.

What happened to
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    So, server here until you guys get too many for connection to handle it?

Seems like that would be easier, unless you are anticipating exceeding connection limit off the bat.
    edited August 2011
    I asked about Ryder's server a few posts up. He hasn't responded, so I figured he's busy.

No big. Raiding can be half the fun, anyway.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    FYI you have scheduled this to start 1 hour before a Pony Viewing. As odd as it may sound to any outsiders, this will indeed effect how many players are on tonight.

-Digi
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Gargoyle wrote:
    I asked about Ryder's server a few posts up. He hasn't responded, so I figured he's busy.

No big. Raiding can be half the fun, anyway.

Indeed you did. Sorry about that. I imagine he already has it riding dirty.
    edited August 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    FYI you have scheduled this to start 1 hour before a Pony Viewing. As odd as it may sound to any outsiders, this will indeed effect how many players are on tonight.

-Digi

I can think of very few things that would sound more odd, as a matter of fact. :D

Hopefully you guys can join us for a little while, at least. Next time we'll do it on a different day.

Edit: maybe the CS players and bronies can share the same Vent channel :D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    I'd say it was the other way around: I think the pony viewing was scheduled an hour after CS:S night
    edited August 2011
    Takes forever to try out servers when you have to download all their custom sounds and mod BS.
    edited August 2011
    173.242.116.43:27015

Found an empty one. Whateves. Come shoot me.

I have no idea how to post something to Steam group. Halp?

Apparently I have to be special to post an announcement? I wish I were special.
    edited August 2011
    Wait we have a steam group? Why was I not informed? Oh sad cruel fates how treacherous art thou....okay that's a bit dramatic but is it just Icrontic on steam?
    edited August 2011
    icrontic ({IC}) - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/icrontic?

Humerusmeg couldn't find me on Steam earlier, but I'm {IC}Gargoyle. I'm playing byself, and I've just ran out of bullets.
    edited August 2011
    Do I have to get invited? It's saying membership by invite only. If so does anyone wanna invite me or do I have to be here longer to get in?
    edited August 2011
    edited August 2011
    Welp, looks like we won't have a quorum tonight. We'll try again next week and publicize it earlier.

On the bright side, I mastered gun juggling tonight.
    edited August 2011
    Yes that's me.
    edited August 2011
    Alrighty - I sent you and invite to be my friend, and once you confirm, I think I can add you to the group.
    edited August 2011
    Okay might not be tonight comcast is "doing matience on my area" so my internet is unstable at the moment.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Damn guys, I am sorry.

I will plug the server in tomorrow morning. Then will need someone to test sometime for connectivity.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Slayer, I sent you a group invite.
    edited August 2011
    Okay thanks I'll accept it tomorrow if my internet decides to work, posting from my blackberry right now :D
    edited August 2011
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Damn guys, I am sorry.

I will plug the server in tomorrow morning. Then will need someone to test sometime for connectivity.

No big. I didn't think it'd be so hard to find a mostly stock server with maps in rotation, but I've been out of the scene for awhile.