CS:Source retro night?

GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
edited September 2011 in Gaming
Inspired by cola's necro, I'm wondering who's got a copy of CS:Source. If we've got enough of us, we ought to get together and bunny hop, camp, and AWP-whore each other into oblivion until we swear off the game all over again.

Back in the old days, I played CS with my clan, and good times were had. I haven't played in years though, since it's just not fun enough to play without quality folks. Let's bring a little bit of that TF2 flavor to CS for a night.

Time: TBD
Server: TBD - raid one or get a volunteer with decent upload to host. Just need alltalk for the lulz.

Who's in?

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    In it to win it. I'll P90 whore it up like a baws.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    It's time to polish the AUG, yessir.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Mother F, I don't have the web at my new place yet but this sounds so cool. Must be a regular thing.

Scouts n' Knives!
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    I can set up the Expo server, it has CS:source installed already.

I have 26/3 internet, let me know if you want me to set it up and see if you can play?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    I have it around, but literally have played CS:S less times than a polydactyl has fingers.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    In.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    I do have CS:S (Is it even possible to not have it? I thought it just came with Steam.), but it's never been installed. I did play the original CS when it was cool, but I was never any good at it.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    CB wrote:
    I do have CS:S (Is it even possible to not have it? I thought it just came with Steam.)

Us old school folks usually entered our Half-Life CD key, which entitled us to HL and all of the mods. When I bought HL2, it gave me Source versions of all of the HL games I had. Not sure if it still works that way today, or if those were limited time deals.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    I usually only played fy_ map servers.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    I promise to show all of you how to fight like a man in this game as well :D (deagle + knife all day all night)
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    So, server here until you guys get too many for connection to handle it?
    edited August 2011
    If you wouldn't mind, yes please! That'd be great.
    edited August 2011
    Sounds good! Thanks Ryder!

Okay, now that we've got some interest, let's try to find a day that works for us, and we can make another announcement to grab a few more.

The next few days happen to be nuts for me. <s>How's Tuesday night work with people? I'll throw 8pm EDT out there and see if it sticks.</s> Check new poll below.
    edited August 2011
    Throw up a poll. 9 PM - ??? with sun-sat as options.
    edited August 2011
    Sure thing. Check out the availability poll here.

If only we could have multiple polls per thread.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    If I pick this back up it will not be good for anyone here.

scout1.jpg
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Never really played CS much. I always felt Rainbow Six was superior but I'd love to play with you guys.
  • StarmanStarman Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    I'm in. Just send me a message. Steam name is Scarborogh Jones. I think my account name is boomer_kuwanger.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Yeah, I'm available most afternoon/evenings so whenever you guys wanna play I can play.
  • StarmanStarman Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Canti's favorite word is "scout," so he plays scout in TF2, uses the scout in CS:S, and always offers to scout enemy forces whenever we're on a covert mission together behind enemy lines.
    edited August 2011
    <iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xg8M0a9dmbU&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Look, CS is making a resurgence.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    We need to get some fy_pool_day going for luls. I've got interwebbles being installed Tuesday so I'm in for next week.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    MAGIC wrote:
    We need to get some fy_pool_day going for luls. I've got interwebbles being installed Tuesday so I'm in for next week.
    And fy_pool_day_2. I played fy_iceworld_arena last night and it's pretty awesome too.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Gun Game! on gg_texturecityadvanced aka TCA!
    edited August 2011
    Buddy J wrote:
    Look, CS is making a resurgence.

Oh God, I cringed at the beginning of the video. The narrator warns us that "there's no regenerating health" and I want to scream BECAUSE IN THE OLD DAYS WE WEREN'T PUSSIES.

Jeebus.
    edited August 2011
    It looks like Mon/Tue/Sat are the best days for folks. However, I forgot that the RennFest is this weekend.

Ryder, do you think the server could be ready for tomorrow night? If not, no worries - we could do it next Tuesday after people get back.
    edited August 2011
    Monday? Today is monday. It's time.
  • Slayer5227Slayer5227 Elkridge Member
    edited August 2011
    What time tonight I may suck but I'm down to play if you'll take me
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    I'm waiting anxiously for this. Hit me up on Steam if you want (hammer_cock).
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    I only have the original Counter-Strike.. I could never bring myself to pay for CS:S. Especially since for some inexplicable reason, it's still $20. O.o