$9.99 per month gets you ad-free YouTube with new YouTube Red

2»

Comments

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian

First it's YouTube Red. Next it will be RedTube You!

oni_delsRahnalH102UPSLynx
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

@AlexDeGruven said:
    Hmmm, considering that commercial free Hulu is only $12/month and has a lot more content that I choose to consume, I'll deal with a few pre-roll ads.

I can only wish they were only pre-roll ads. The common ones I get are in the middle of the video. Typically spaced out in 10 min blocks of content in between commercials.

I am certainly not complaining. I understand ad driven business. This is how Google chooses to allow me to consume said content for free, I accept that and continue to consume for free.

-Digi

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

Seeing as this is included in my Play Music All Access apparently, I'll be glad to take advantage. If it wasn't the case I'm not sure who would pay for this.

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

I would be all over this if they threw in a few (no more than 1-2) rentals from the Play Store as a part of it. I could finally ditch Netflix DVDs

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

@MiracleManS said:
    I would be all over this if they threw in a few (no more than 1-2) rentals from the Play Store as a part of it. I could finally ditch Netflix DVDs

There are people who still get actual discs from Netflix?

Canti
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

LOL discs

Canti
  • @CB said:

There are still people that go to actual video rental stores, so yes, I'd wager there are still plenty of people that get discs from Netflix.

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

I believe some movies on Netflix are not available through streaming but through discs.

BobbyDigi
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

I get Blu-ray disks from Netflix because I don't do any unmentionable things on the Internet anymore.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

@CB said:

Yes. My wife is one of them.

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

The only reason we still do discs is so we can watch things that don't make it immediately to Netflix streaming. Mostly TV shows new seasons, but some movies.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Pulled up the web interface for YouTube for the first time in forever and noticed that I'm already subscribed. I'm guessing it's tied to my Play Music All Access.

• @AlexDeGruven said:
    Pulled up the web interface for YouTube for the first time in forever and noticed that I'm already subscribed. I'm guessing it's tied to my Play Music All Access.

Yes, as noted above, Play Music subscriptions include YouTube Red (and vice versa). I went to redeem my 90 day free Play Music subscription and found that I'm not eligible because I was subscribed to Play Music within the last 12 months :bawl: At least I can use the $50 Play credit to pay for the subscription I guess.