Raid summary 11/22 - 11/23 2015

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian

The best way I can sum up this week's raid is:

Help us @myrmidon. You're our only hope.

People got gear, but we didn't progress. We did one-shot Kilrogg and Gorefiend which is cool, and we did bring some new (and returning) raiders, which is cool, and people did get some awesome gear upgrades, which is cool, but when we got to Socrethar, we treadmilled against him for a day and a half.

We'll resume next week with our illustrious raid leader and some progress. Maybe we just need the puns.

Comments

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

Sounds like you did right. Getting Gorefiend down for more tier pieces is a major priority. Socrethar is an a-hole - it really boils down to the tank in the armor doing the worst of it - the rest of the raid has to do very little if the fire is placed correctly... trouble is it's HARD to place perfectly. I know I never did.

edited November 2015

Nothing to see here. I can't read logs.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Need to work on ranged coordination with a) not running into the tank & b) having enough ranged to down ghosts in time to prevent them from reaching melee/tank.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Yeah 2/4 soul fragments on Gorefiend is super cool. Just means two more raid weeks until we can start talking about skipping ahead :D

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Oh, of course I forgot to mention that we definitely killed Mannoroth and Archimonde normal again, so we have another round of ring upgrades.

If you didn't have enough ranged to down ghosts, there may have been a fire problem. Well-put fire should really beat the crap out of the ghosts, in addition, positioning the armor so his great big AOE cone ability hits the ghosts is pretty paramount and (at least on normal) resulted in ghosts with slivers of HP. On the few times I did it correctly, it was even possible to snare every single ghost coming out of the first portal, and then let fire/AOE cone handle the ones from the second portal.

If heroic gave them a bunch more HP, we may need to revamp the strategy somewhat. The videos for this fight are not very well done, so it's hard to get a handle on what's needed.