FREE GAME, I'M BUYING: Ever been curious about World of Warcraft but have been afraid to jump in?

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited December 2015 in Gaming

The Icrontic guild is growing, it's thriving, and we're having a fantastic time. On any given day there are 5-10 people playing (on Sundays and Mondays we have nearly 20), and we're in Mumble pretty much 24/7. It's a ton of fun and it's only going to get better with the upcoming expansion (Legion).

There's a huge holiday sale on WoW right now and I am going to gift somebody the game. It will come with 30 days of gametime. It will be all the way up to the current expansion (Warlords of Draenor). This is your chance to jump in for free for 30 days with the full game, join the Icrontic guild, and have people to play with... and trust me, playing with the IC guild is the best way to play the game. There are tons of people willing to help new players in ALL aspects of the game. We love helping new people get up to speed and have helped several players go from zero to hero in no time flat.

Join @Myrmidon, @Sazbean, @Tushon, @DocFrazier, @RiffRaff, @Braticus, @Levex, @Enslayved, @Mikquattro, @Ryder, @aalonz, @Darthraiders, @Tadarran, @shinypants, @Necroldia, @Rexxar, @RahnalH102, and occasional others ;) in the most popular and longstanding MMORPG of all time.

First one to PM me gets it!

BlackHawkHeroSazbeanRahnalH102

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

First hit's free, kid.

primesuspectRahnalH102GHoosdumStrikes
  • SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

I will match @primesuspect's offer with the same gift (WOW up to current expansion + 30 days of playing time) to the first person to PM me.

Join the dark side! (we have donuts).

* You can only get one of these offers. Offer good while WOW sale lasts. Get in the game now! No purchase necessary. Void in areas where illegal. It's probably YOU! Or not. You never know, so don't stand in the poop. Watch around you. Raid awareness is vital. Don't zone in on the boss. Sometimes the adds are the boss. Are you using your cooldowns? Stop stealing healing from the tanks. Don't ever pull unless you're a tank. They're cranky about that. Why do tanks think what they do is difficult? I mean, they just stand there like a meat shield. The melee dps have to run all over the place, not stand in anything, try to be behind the boss, watch out for ranged dps dropping stuff on them, you know -- that's the difficult stuff. Rogues have to watch their raid timers to make sure they don't hit killing spree when they need to be moving. Otherwise they get ganked. Really not good. Warriors think they should be tanking while they're dpsing and that's often a problem. Death knights have that cool jedi power where they can yank mobs from across the room -- pretty handy. Might be the coolest power in the game. So which class do you like? Remember Paladins are the master class. Tanks, healers and dps. Oh, and they get to throw shields at stuff. Who doesn't like that? It's all Captain America and shit. The game isn't actually that hard -- my sister plays it (not well), but she has fun, you can too! Not an actual sweepstakes. Does anyone still read the fine print?

RyderRahnalH102primesuspect
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

@Sazbean said:
    Join the dark side! (we have donuts).

Or just host the dark side once a month and gank their donuts. That's how the pros do it.

primesuspectSazbean
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

I'd like to say that, as a long standing player, a community is the true hook to MMOs. The game's content is the bait on that hook. There is a large variety of stuff to do in the game and almost all of it has the option of being multiplayer content. Those points combined turn potentially mundane tasks, or already large undertakings, into adventures with a strong dose of camaraderie. So there is more to this deal then just free entry into WoW for a time.

primesuspect
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited December 2015

@Sazbean said:
    * You can only get one of these offers. Offer good while WOW sale lasts. Get in the game now! No purchase necessary. Void in areas where illegal. It's probably YOU! Or not. You never know, so don't stand in the poop. Watch around you. Raid awareness is vital. Don't zone in on the boss. Sometimes the adds are the boss. Are you using your cooldowns? Stop stealing healing from the tanks. Don't ever pull unless you're a tank. They're cranky about that. Why do tanks think what they do is difficult? I mean, they just stand there like a meat shield. The melee dps have to run all over the place, not stand in anything, try to be behind the boss, watch out for ranged dps dropping stuff on them, you know -- that's the difficult stuff. Rogues have to watch their raid timers to make sure they don't hit killing spree when they need to be moving. Otherwise they get ganked. Really not good. Warriors think they should be tanking while they're dpsing and that's often a problem. Death knights have that cool jedi power where they can yank mobs from across the room -- pretty handy. Might be the coolest power in the game. So which class do you like? Remember Paladins are the master class. Tanks, healers and dps. Oh, and they get to throw shields at stuff. Who doesn't like that? It's all Captain America and shit. The game isn't actually that hard -- my sister plays it (not well), but she has fun, you can too! Not an actual sweepstakes. Does anyone still read the fine print?

+1 Literally the only person that listens to me in game.

EDIT: I mean, you'll basically have to Do What I Say, so... you know. Downsides, right?

Sazbean
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Did somebody say something?

• HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

i think it should be mentioned that if raiding with icrontic, everybody is very calm and polite when they correct actions like "standing in bad" (i was infamous for that) :dunce:

• SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

@Myrmidon said:
    +1 Literally the only person that listens to me in game.

EDIT: I mean, you'll basically have to Do What I Say, so... you know. Downsides, right?

I'm not sure I would call it listening... maybe more like amusement?

I think we're going to need more raid calls in the kermit voice tho...