Archimonde or Upper HFC?

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited January 2016 in World of Warcraft

Do we continue on heroic Archimonde progression or do we go back to the upper bosses for tier gear on HFC?

Archimonde or Upper HFC? 19 votes

Continue with Heroic Archimonde
15% 3 votes
Go back a bit for tier gear until we have upper floors on farm
36% 7 votes
Sunday gear / Monday Archimonde
47% 9 votes
DocFrazierdark_archesPixiDarthraidersLevex

Comments

• SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

Heroic Archy is one of the most difficult bosses in the game. We were making amazing! progression on him. I didn't expect us to stroll in there and kill him the first few days or even weeks. I am very pleased that we got him regularly into the 4th phase. Progression is tough. It's challenging and it takes practice. We were doing so awesome at fixing problems we had every fight. I think we have a good chance of getting him down if we keep at him (especially if we do gearing/valor runs for people outside of raid night).

I'm all for going back and getting some specific gear for folks if we need it, but I do not want to go back to boring farming for months on end. There's no challenge in that and it's not really very fun.

This is a group decision, and we should do what the group wants, but if we decide to go back for gear, I would ask that each person does research on what specific pieces and bosses they need. I would be happy to collate that info so we can go back and get gear that will HELP with our progression.

We CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!!! :)

Levex
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@Sazbean said:
    I'm all for going back and getting some specific gear for folks if we need it, but I do not want to go back to boring farming for months on end. There's no challenge in that and it's not really very fun.

fwiw, I don't think anyone is thinking months. I think there are targeted bosses that we could likely blow through, then continue hitting Archie with remaining time. It's just been a little rough to have really small margins of error that could be "cheesed" a bit by gearing up a few more people.

Maybe we should revive or re-create the boss spreadsheet in a way that we can figure out most "bang for the buck" bosses and if people need a certain one outside of that, that's where the extra night crews can come in. I personally played way too much WoW in the past (for me) and don't want to get back into that habit, so I "voted" like I did at the beginning of the month and with the poll now. I'm more than okay with with the Sunday/Monday split as well.

SazbeanDocFrazier
  • I think it's as simple as hitting the tier bosses to get people their set bonuses and focusing on the upper floor to get more of the higher ilvl gear infused into our group. I also don't imagine this taking up the entirety of our two raid days so there would still be time for Archi.

Levex
  • LevexLevex Animal Whisperer Iowa Icrontian
    edited January 2016

Is there a possible a compromise between gearing up for a couple weeks then switching to gear up Sunday, Archie Monday?

Mytch