Heroic Archimonde down! Icrontic guild now 13/13 heroic

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited February 2016 in World of Warcraft

After months of fighting our way to the pinnacle of Hellfire Citadel we have finally downed the demon Archimonde and put an end to Gul'dan's plot to rule Draenor... And this time we did it as heroes.

Everybody who got Ahead of the Curve and their mount from Heroic HFC tonight earned the hell out of it. It was a hard-fought battle and we couldn't have done it without the help of our many friends. Huge thanks to those non-IC members who came along and helped us finally defeat Archimonde.

Now that we've "beaten" this expansion we have a lot of options on what to do with our raid slots on Sunday and Monday. For now we will continue raiding HFC heroic for more gear and to help those who couldn't be there get their mount and achievement, even as we start to contemplate running Mythic HFC. We also discussed the possibility of using some of our raid slots for fun legacy content, such as Mythic Highmaul, Mythic Blackrock Foundry, or older content (achievement runs, Glory of, mounts, etc.) This is a good time to nominate some things you'd like to check off your bucket list. For example, I'd love to finish Heroic BRF (yes, I've never done that), and even older stuff as guild runs (Mythic ToT? Mythic Terrace? Mythic Mogu'shan Vaults?). There are lots of possibilities so let's hear what you'd like to see or an achievement you'd like to get.

Congratulations Icrontic!

ThraxRyderMAGICStrikesLevex

Comments

• YASSS DIVAS. SLAYYYYYYYYYY. MOOSEZ FOR ALL.

But for real. Congrats ya'll. Last night was the epitome of progression. We just kept doing better and better each attempt.

I wouldn't mind doing a quick H BRF to get the full clear and maybe pick up some transmog.

primesuspectMytch
  • Congrats guys! That is awesome! Hopefully I can get my shit together and join you soon :)

primesuspect
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Good job all!

primesuspect
  • MytchMytch The Heights, MI Icrontian

Congrats guys!!!!!!

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Congrats, y'all. Great work.

• SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

A serious request: We have been working really hard as a team for months to down H Archy together. Some of us were sadly not able to be there when Icrontic killed him (which I was really bummed about). I don't raid with Maejah with other groups (except for special requests) so I have never killed H Archy. I'd really like to get him down in the next couple of weeks for myself and anyone else that missed the kill. And then we can focus on having fun with alts, doing other content, whatever. Thank you.

Ryder
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Kinda confused because we've only had one raid since we downed him and nothing changed: We still did the same thing, started at Socrethar, and then focused on mannoroth/archimonde. Nobody brought their alts (that I'm aware of), and the only thing different between our kill last week and our failure this week was that we were short two massive DPS helpers: aalonz and Mik.

We're not changing anything up: Sunday/Monday is still our normal raid, and we're still going to be working on H Archimonde until he's comfortably on farm.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Sunday night there were alts.

I don't think the alts we had on Sunday were a problem, to be honest. I think we were missing Aalonz and Mik and that was the problem.

I just looked at the logs. There was literally one alt.

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

Missing our massive, massive, massive dps guys was in fact the issue.

Since I don't require people to pull their weight in dps as much as other groups, when we're missing those who pull their weight and-then-some, we're going to have a lot of trouble.

Spending more time on archimonde isn't going to help, but having the right composition will. Also, pushing folks to fix UIs and check logs and do work to get better is fairly important, but I can only repeat that request in raid so many times.

TiberiusLazarus

BobbyDigiMAGICAngalikiLevex
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

And the one Tyrael's Charger.

• SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

@RahnalH102 said:
    And the one Tyrael's Charger.

That's me, heh.

RahnalH102Darthraiders