XBOX harddrive

robbyrobby Olympia, WA New
edited March 2004 in Gaming
Anybody ever put their Xbox HD into their pc? We have a spare xbox laying around that doesen't work. We just took it apart (Damn, there goes that warranty), and have just been kinda playing around. Normal looking harddrive, jumpers, all that, but the power supply is being difficult. I also don't won't to force the power supply for fear of breaking the harddrive.

Comments

• leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    if there is still warranty on it, why not RMA that thing instead of taking it apart??
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited February 2004
    Yeah, you have to unlock it(which you need a modded xbox for) then just format it and stick it in.
  • robbyrobby Olympia, WA New
    edited February 2004
    leishi85 wrote:
    if there is still warranty on it, why not RMA that thing instead of taking it apart??

Not sure what you mean by RMA, and we were bored.
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited February 2004
    RMA = send it back to manufacturer and get a freebie drive.

It doesn't work with xbox drive.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    The warranty is void once the XBox is opened.
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    i'm not just talking about the hdd, i'm talking about the whole unit, since he said he had a xbox laying around that doesn't work, and he said he took it apart, he said damn there goes the warranty. so i was refering to the XBOX unit instead of the hdd.
    edited February 2004
    The damn there goes the warranty was sarcastic, as I don't really care about the xbox anyway.
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited February 2004
    what is wrong with the xbox? u have to unlock it to get the drive to work. its only a 8 gig most likely.

Your better off modding that xbox into something useful I think.
    edited February 2004
    FormFactor wrote:
    what is wrong with the xbox? u have to unlock it to get the drive to work. its only a 8 gig most likely.

Your better off modding that xbox into something useful I think.
    What's wrong with it is the fact that a friend of mine got frustrated with it, kicked a few times, (don't ask me why) Then tried to open it without the proper tools and stripped the threading of the screws pretty good. It powers up, but won't read any discs. He was gonna throw it out, but I fugured we could do SOMETHING with it.
  • fudgamfudgam Upstate New York
    edited February 2004
    Robby, I understood what you meant in your first post. You were being perfectly clear.
    edited February 2004
    Dude, I could use the mobo and PSU from it if your gonna throw it out. I have one here i cannot use, but could hack a working xbox out of it. I would pay in advance for shipping if you could throw the bottom half of the xbox in a box and send it to me.

Whadaya think?
    edited March 2004
    I guess thats a no.
    edited March 2004
    FormFactor wrote:
    I guess thats a no.
    Sorry, that wasn't actually a no, i just haven't looked at this thread in awhile. Since it is still technically my friend's, let me ask him if he's interested in selling it and I'll get back to you.