Same time tomorrow?
  • T-BirDT-BirD Montgomery, AL
    edited June 2003
    panzerkw said
    Let me guess, he used a Thompson

excellent guess :rolleyes:
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited June 2003
    Yeah, sure. ET crashed on me occasionally. I quit after the 3rd time.
  • PeckersPeckers Sweden
    edited June 2003
    yeah, ET crashed one time for me to aswell, never happened befored.
    maybe it's a server settings issue.
  • T-BirDT-BirD Montgomery, AL
    edited June 2003
    Man...I played again at lunch today, and although I had alot of fun, I've most definately gotten the impression that the Thompson is vastly overpowered. Anybody else feel the same/differently?
    edited June 2003
    Definitely. I'm also ticked off that the main German rifle, the rather accurate and powerful K98, is not included.

Anyone ever play MOHAA multiplayer? How powerful is the Thompson SMG there?
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    panzerkw said
    Definitely. I'm also ticked off that the main German rifle, the rather accurate and powerful K98, is not included.

Anyone ever play MOHAA multiplayer? How powerful is the Thompson SMG there?

Not as powerful as in Wolfenstein.
    T-BirD said
    Man...I played again at lunch today, and although I had alot of fun, I've most definately gotten the impression that the Thompson is vastly overpowered. Anybody else feel the same/differently?

Its only useful in close though, try hitting something outside of 15 feet and its worthless.
    edited June 2003
    People I been playing have no trouble hitting me from far away with the thompson. on the D-Day mission I was getting nailed from thompsons halfway across the beach.
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    Whatever dude, I'm just tellin yah...that thing is pretty inaccurate at a distance. Maybe if you sit there and just squeeze off one shot at a time, but nobody down by the water is gonna rip out full auto as you run across the top where the assault ramp is and expect to spend less than a full magazine trying to kill you.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Pretty true what you guys say. 95% of the time I play as axis and if me and the other enemy have the same health and rank he usually pwns me first =/. But rarely I use the machine guns. Mostly an engineer with the rifle that has the grenade launcher :D
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    LawnMM said
    Whatever dude, I'm just tellin yah...that thing is pretty inaccurate at a distance. Maybe if you sit there and just squeeze off one shot at a time, but nobody down by the water is gonna rip out full auto as you run across the top where the assault ramp is and expect to spend less than a full magazine trying to kill you.

Thats exactly the problem.

You dont need a full mag to get wasted by that thing, a few bullets in the torso is enough. "thoug-thoug-thoug" Bam! Wasted.
    And if 1 bullet hits my ugly noon, im gone before my heart stops.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    when's the next game I'd like in !:wave:
  • TekGamerTekGamer Earth
    edited June 2003
    I play under the name Kilroy
    My name appears in orange.

I usually play on chicken coop servers as I get under 12ms ping to them giving me a slight ping advantage over most...
    :P

Tek
    edited June 2003
    I play under the name GiJoe ...what I lack in ping I gain in skill!!! :aol:

Who was it that said ...why would I need a faster gaming computer ...so I can die faster? LOL
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Quick question. How do I put color in my nick? I used to do it for JKII but I forgot now :(
  • TekGamerTekGamer Earth
    edited June 2003
    open the console (hit the tilde key `) type /name ^ and a number 1 through 9 then your name. You can also insert colors anywhere in your name by doing the ^ and a number

^4Tek^6Gamer
    edited June 2003
    yes ...and that reminds me ...you can also reserve more mem at the ~ (tilde) prompt by using the following string ...
    /com_hunmegs "3/4 ram" no quotes ...where 3/4 ram is the total amount of physical ram you have installed x .75 (ie 1gb ram or 1024mb x .75 = 768) therefore

example:
    /com_hunmegs 768

ps: then restart the program