Dead PSU pwned my system

BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseurThere's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
edited February 2004 in Hardware
Overnight it seems that my PSU kicked the bucket and took my motherboard and ram with it. Spent 3 days without a PC. Worse thing ever!!!! Since I didn't really have anything to troubleshoot with, I (well my parents :rockon: with my suggestion) went to CompUSA and bought a Asus A78NX (non Deluxe :(), AXP 2400+ (2Ghz) and a 256mb stick of PC2700 (I can't play any games decently :bawling: ). All for the lovely amount of $469.99. We basically got raped. Since I didn't have a 2nd PC, I couldn't buy online. Aside from that I need some help with this board. Is there anything I need to know about it? What's the best drivers to use, best bios version, best bios settings, etc?

Comments

• edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    Did it actually take everything out? I guess that you have checked the old stuff in the new mobo.
    It is too late now, but you should have made a phone call. Someone else could have actually placed the order for you. The price is a bit high, but at least you have reall stuff running again. The memory can be 'fixed' later.
    I don't have a clue on helping you, Just saying HI.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    :wave: