Minecraft: Dungeons is surprisingly fun

d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

I've been playing probably 20 hours or so on this since Tuesday, and I've got to say, it's worth the 20 bucks. I did buy the Hero Edition for 30 to get the future DLCs.

The game is simplistic, fast, and at times unforgiving, everything I was hoping for. It's depth has been trimmed down, but enough left in there you can really customize how you want to play. Though there are quite a few kind of stupid decisions in my opinion, none of them are big enough to really retract from the overall fun. You mind if just learn to game the game system.

There is maybe only 2 dozen total weapons, or armor, but each one is unique in its function. Each individual item will be assigned 1-3 enchantment slots with 1-3 enchantment options per slot. So your specific goals may be hard to achieve, but it let's you play around with different styles. Leading to lots of grinding if you really wanted to play a certain way.

While the game can be unforgiving in both challenge and RNG the drawbacks to messing up are pretty much nonexistent. You can die 4 times before just being booted from the level and having to start over. Enchanted some gear that's not working anymore you can just destroy it and get your points back and some money at the same time.

All and all, it's a nice game to sit and grind through while watching a movie or chatting. And all while being easy enough my 5 year old can destroy some monsters.

primesuspect

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

@DigiKid, @NiGHTS and I have been running through this. It is a very fun game. It's the first ARPG I've played and it makes me think I've been missing out. We're at around level 30 and right at the max item level for the first difficulty. The final level & final boss is challenging us.
    We play almost every night after I get off work. A little after 7 Central. Maybe you can join in as our 4th @d3k0y !
    They just released details on the 2 DLCs coming: https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/minecraft-dungeons--on-horizon
    -Digi

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

But what platform is everyone playing on?

Massalinie
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    edited May 2020

I'm on PC, and I normally play sound 8pm EST, so it lines up perfectly.

I'm at level 40, power 32 ish.

Microsoft name is "MrCatSmith"

BobbyDigi
    edited May 2020

DigiKid, Nights and I are on PC.
    We use the IC Discord for coms: https://discord.gg/r9pEN2
    Hope to see ya tonight!
    -Digi

I'm on for the night, forgot about trivia night. Friends have to add each other so my gamertag is BobbyDigi54
    -Digi

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

Turns out the trick to getting higher gear levels when you have a set you like is to throw on higher rated items before going back to camp. That seems to be the point the game sets the difficulty