Another One

MAGICMAGIC Doot DootFurniture City, Michigan Icrontian
edited June 2020 in Home & Auto

Well, we made the move to Colorado in the middle of a pandemic. Finding a house was a pain in the ass and luckily for my sanity we did as if I was unemployed with nobody hiring, unable to go anywhere, and had nothing productive to do I'd probably lose my mind.

This house wasn't in too bad of shape, built in the 80's, and other than the fact that it settled about four inches on one side so everything is out of square/level, it needs very little layout changes. I did have to rip out and flatten some subfloor where we removed walls to open up the kitchen.

Started the first week of may by completely stripping the inside. It was all dated and hadn't been kept up since the home was built. Filled almost two 30 yard dumpsters.

So far I've gotten 90% of the upstairs done. All the bedrooms have had the popcorn ceilings scraped, everything retextured, new doors, trim, and paint. Stole a bit of a bedroom closet to turn the hallway linen closet into a second floor laundry. Carpet was installed last week and I just finished the the wood floor in the hallway and on the stairs.

We have a metalworker building us a rail, that'll be installed later next week. I'll be starting on putting the kitchen back together this weekend.

MassalinieChoochMt_GoatColgereWagsFTW

Comments

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

Heres the Master bedroom.

Massalinie

Upstairs spare bedroom and office

Leveling out the Kitchen floor, starting to finish this area off now.

MrTRiotMassalinie

GnomeQueenJokkeMrTRiotMassalinie
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian

This is awesome! How do those sliding barn doors do with sound transmission?

MAGIC
    edited June 2020

@Annes said:

Thanks. Well barn style doors arent air tight so not great. That is the door to the bathroom, worst you'll here are blops, plops and doots.

• MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian

@MAGIC said:
    @Annes said:

Thanks. We'll barn style doors arent air tight so not great. That is the door to the bathroom, worst you'll here are blops, plops and doots.

Barn doors are a pain to hang properly. It's looking good so far!

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

I'm a fan of your fan choices. The look fast not moving.

-Digi

MAGIC

@BobbyDigi said:
    I'm a fan of your fan choices. The look fast not moving.

-Digi

They looked nice but hummed at low speed, I already swapped them out. New ones look similar and are silent.

BobbyDigi
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Looks great, man. Nice work

MAGIC
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian

Looks awesome so far! Love the stairs.

MAGICStraight_Man
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

Great work!

• AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@MAGIC What is your ceiling fan of choice?

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

My first thought when I saw the photos of the stairs without banisters (again) was "Well that's a bold move, Cotton."

Straight_ManMAGIC
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@Annes said:

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/ceiling-fan-i-always-get/ - this is what I got and it is quiet, easy to install if you are replacing a "like" situation (i.e. you know the wiring is already run for the switch you want or re-use)

edited June 2020

@Linc said:
    My first thought when I saw the photos of the stairs without banisters (again) was "Well that's a bold move, Cotton."

Yeah, its been stress inducing for obvious reasons.

@Annes said:

The ones in the picture are the ones we've put in our last two houses and they've been great, but they must have changed the motors or something.

Swapped them out for these
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-Bay-Mara-54-in-White-Color-Changing-Integrated-LED-Indoor-Outdoor-Matte-Black-Ceiling-Fan-with-Light-and-Remote-Control-51919/311878226
    Similar look, but they are silent, also these you can change the light color which is sort of cool.

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian

@MAGIC, You do good work. When your finished you are welcome to come on down to Texas and give me a hand finishing up.

We just started replacing the more traditional styled fans with these.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Decorators-Collection-Windward-IV-52-in-LED-Indoor-Brushed-Nickel-Ceiling-Fan-with-Light-Kit-and-Remote-Control-26663/301163154

All the realtors before shots of that area.

CBprimesuspect
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

Your finished kitchen looks so clean it could be a 3d render. Nice work!