CB's fresh start
As mentioned in my 'instability issues' thread. I think it's time for a fresh PC. My current PC has some parts that are nearly 15 years old (even older if I count the case and fans.
The newest part is only a few years old. The graphics card, a GeForce GTX 1060, I'm tempted to reuse in a new build but... Then I wouldn't be getting a fresh start. I've been Ship of Theseus-ing this PC since like 1992. It's time to make a completely new PC. puts down foot dramatically
So...I don't really know how to do that. I don't follow along with the hardware conversations anymore. My interests moved on from the ins and outs of PC hardware market years ago, and all the model numbers and compatibility advice on-the-wibblies makes my head spin. I don't know. Does this mean I'm an old now? Anyway, I'm digressing here. I need advice for purchasing a new PC.
Here's what I need, simply:
- Plays modern PC games.
- Runs two monitors (I think all graphics cards do this now, but just to be sure.)
- Has a lot of USB ports for all my studio and gaming peripherals. (seriously, I'm using all 10 on my current PC, and had to buy a powered hub to handle more.) [insert Isiea USB hub image here.]
- Runs quiet (will be in my studio. I have solutions for filtering out the PC noises from my recordings, but quieter is still better)
- much RAMs and HDs for A/V editing
- Deliverable to my flat in Munich
- budget 2k€-2.5k€
- I do not require flashy or colorful pieces. It can be a plain beige box for all I care (tho, I have a feeling that's not even an option anymore).
It's okay with me if I don't have to LEGO the system together after it arrives. In fact, I may be willing to pay a small premium to not be required to do this. If it costs about the same to have the system arrive ready to use, I'm good with that.
I think that's all that you need to know before performing this valuable, yet somehow free, service for me.
Thank you in advance for any and all assistance in this heavy endeavor.