Offline Calendar App

fmuellerfmueller Auckland, NZ Icrontian

Hi All,

I haven’t been on the site for a long time, but here I am, back with an IT question. I am maintaining a scientific instrument (NMR spectrometer), at a university. This instrument transfers all data it collects to a shared drive provided by the university. Everyone who is logged into the university network can access the drive, read and write.

I would love to have a calendar that I can put on that drive so that everyone can access it, read and write. People would use it to book instrument time, for example block out 28 June from 8am to 11am, so they can run their experiments undisturbed.

We have previously used Google Drive. The spectrometer had its own Google account, everyone had the user name and password, and could access the calendar of that account. That doesn’t work anymore, because Google doesn’t like 30 people with different devices sharing one account. Authenticating the users has become a nightmare.

What can I use as replacement?

Many thanks, Frank

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Hi Frank! Great to see you 😊
    The site is a little slow these days, and most of the core community uses Discord to chat, BUT: We're planning on rebooting the site with better software in the near future. Trust that Icrontic is thriving, and we'd love to see you around more!