Anyone still having fun with overclocking?

TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian

New tech, well, not new, but developing tech, more heat, more cores, higher resolution and all that. Anyone still going for raw power? I know i am, and i can't stop. Ever.
That extra 1000 points in R23, or that lower latency from the ram. Always nice with a W.

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited December 2023

Marcus! :wave:
    I haven't overclocked anything in years. I undervolted my Vega 56 and it's been running ever since. Haven't fooled with it in several years either.

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

I have pretty much abandoned OC in favor of an undervolt because Texas summer. Pushed my infinity fabric as far as it would go and then started pulling the voltage down until it was effecting core speed in a measurable amount. Have the higher wattage BIOS on my 3080 but still built an undervolt profile for it which makes my room a lot cooler.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Hi, Marcus. I don't spend much time OCing CPU or GPU, as manufacturers have gotten a lot better at giving you everything the silicon can do out of the box. But memory OC is still pretty rewarding, and that's where I've been spending my time.

• TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian

Nice to see some old heros! Hope everyone is well. Merry christmas.
    It's minus polarbear degrees here so i don't have to worry about ambient. Still, heat is tough on the cpu,ram and nvme. What DDR5 speeds have you reached Thrax? It's all about the dreadful silicon lottery, and my cpu seems to draw a line at 8400.