Trying to input guitar signal into PC

JustinJustin Atlanta
edited February 2004 in Internet & Media
Can I do this with ACID PRO 4.0 or should I use somthing else?

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    Ok, to grab guitar, easiest way is through stereo, with almost no amp to it. Easy to get distortion with amp turned up. Ever blown a speaker??? Think of the audio card as a very senstive speaker in terms of how much amp it can handle, not a heavy duty speaker either. If the tenor of music is acid rock or near that, Acid Pro will work if you feed the audio card a signal that is NOT pushed much at all.

Essentially, with electric guitar, to grab, you do this:

Guitar goes to amp, like usual.

Turn amp down low, then use an aux out to stereo or a mixer\equalizer if you have a decent one.

Earphone or headset out on stereo system or equalizer goes to computer.

DO NOT reamp signal in stereo, you want minimum signal you can get and still have decent tunes. Then let audio CARD and software decide how much you need to amp the final recording.

John D-- a twist on what a guy I knew named Mark Potvin did way back when, he had his guitar routed to computer via a KEYBOARD, pro grade Yamaha keyboard. He used MIDI to mix, programmed keyboard for final mix from computer, ran computer at gigs. Somebody "named" Primesuspect knows all about this, gab at Prime for more details, or Spinner maybe-- please. I'm working from memory here, and it has been a while for me, but HAVE blown two audio cards by feeding too much amp through them or into them.
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited February 2004
    What do I need to do in ACID to capture live guitar fed through the mic/line in input? I guess I am a bit of a noob as far as capture goes...
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    control panel, sound and audio devices, click on advanced, click options, click properties, click recording, click ok. check the stereo mix box and then close. you should grab everything coming through now.