Capturing Video from A Camcorder

edited March 2004 in Internet & Media
ok heres how it goes i have a sony trv33 and i shot about 15 min of video at a wedding. when i went to dl it to the comp and played it back for some reason it was 2 min instead of the 15 and the qualuty was extremely crappy. im using the program sony gave me- if theres a better program out there should i go with it?

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    too lazy to look it up - is this an analog or digital camera?
  • edited March 2004
    digital
    edited March 2004
    so, when you play the tape back on the camera itself, is it all there?
  • edited March 2004
    yeah its all there- could it be the encoder?
    edited March 2004
    i mean, if it's a firewire/USB2 device, you should just use the microsoft scanner/camera wizard to bring in the raw video. Forget the sony crap, I'm sure it sucks.

After you have the raw .AVI (huge files - be warned.... raw video is 1gb/minute in general) then you can use some free tool or whatever (Windows movie maker 2 for example) to encode it.
  • edited March 2004
    OverLoad wrote:
    ok heres how it goes i have a sony trv33 and i shot about 15 min of video at a wedding. when i went to dl it to the comp and played it back for some reason it was 2 min instead of the 15 and the qualuty was extremely crappy. im using the program sony gave me- if theres a better program out there should i go with it?
    If you can, get hold of Adobe Premiere 6.5 or Pro or Vegas 4, if you intend to do some editing, since you asked if there's a better program. But if you don't intend to do editing you can also try Scenalyzer Live just for transferring your video via firewire, Scenalyzer also features scene-change detection.