Battlefield 1942, anyone play?

Omatic810Omatic810 Gainesville, FL
edited March 2004 in Gaming
Does anyone play BF1942 here? If so, what's your favorite map?

Comments

• kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    a fellow south floridian. yeha that game kicks ass. i don't hae a favorite map though. i love em all.
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited March 2004
    Hi Guys,

I belong to a Gaming clan that runs MOHAA, BF1942, and CoD Servers. You guys are welcome to hop on with us at any time.

Head over to our clan site for all the IP's and details. We use Teamspeak, and you are welcome to join in on the public channels also

Site: www.warmongersclan.com

See you on the battlefield!

RADA
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    I play BF1942/DC/EoD some hrs every day. Mostly online and on one server (got used to it). I play under my nick here if anyone ever wants to play.

[EDIT]Fav map would have to be Bocage Day 2.[/EDIT]
  • edited March 2004
    I'm a player of the game too. There were plenty of threads earlier on this game too. I'll be looking for you.

KingFish
  • NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
    edited March 2004
    Oh yeah I love Battlefield 1942. I play it at least several hours a week if not that much each day. My favorite map is Wake Island. I played the demo for about 3 months before I got the game and Wake was the only map available. Needless to say I got pretty good at it and still enjoy it today. The new Invasion of the Phillipienes map is also pretty sweet. Plenty of good hiding places for snipers.

Norge
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited March 2004
    Omatic810 wrote:
    Does anyone play BF1942 here? If so, what's your favorite map?
    Does a bear poop in the woods?

I actuall only play the DC mod.

my favorite map is urban siege. That map is gorgeous!
  • Omatic810Omatic810 Gainesville, FL
    edited March 2004
    My favorite is Coral Sea. Fighter planes all over, AA gunz blasting, seeing every1 scurry under my Arichival bomber! It's the best...
  • NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
    edited March 2004
    Coral Sea is pretty sweet. My favorite thing to do on Coral Sea is go as an American medic and bail over the Japanese carrier. I run to the back of the boat before being seen and then make my rounds picking off the AA gunners one at a time as they shift positions to the nearest AA gun. If I take any damage I just gotta heal and keep going. I can get a ton of kills doing it that way.

Norge
  • Omatic810Omatic810 Gainesville, FL
    edited March 2004
    lol, i do the same thing after bailing out. I thought I was the only smart one...
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    Anyone got IP's for some decent DC servers? I'm getting tired of botmatches, and I don't do Gamespy or Gamespot.

-drasnor :fold:
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    The All-Seeing Eye.

I play in a server called DC .7 OMC Headquaters TeamSpk2 (69.93.192.242:14567). The only thing is the you really need Team Speak to play cause they have some wierd rules where you can only fly planes (and helicopters on certain maps) and use the SAM site if you're on TS. Really good for teamwork. You can read the other rules here. In other words the server is for hard core team work. Lots of admins around so they boot smacktards on the spot. If not your cup of tea then there are alot of other servers around that are good that you can use ASE to browse (don't know any off-hand).
  • edited March 2004
    I'll have to jot that IP down. It's hard to find good sites that are admin'd correctly. Teamspeak is great for teamplay. And I can't speak enough of All Seeing Eye. It's more than worth the ten dollars per year. Nominal fee for a great service.

KingFish