REVIEW: FarCry Demo in PC Gamer

RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
edited March 2004 in Gaming
Just finished the demo I got w/ the latest issue of PC Gamer.

Graphics are stunning. Crawling through individual blades of grass,very cool. :D The NPCs details are what you would expect of a Year 2004 FPS game. Did notice some NPCs getting caught behind objects, doing the eternal crouch/stand routine. Also, NPCs are VERY accurate shots ( :Pwned: Ouch! that hurts), even at long distances.

Movement is somewhere between the "glide/float" of Wolfenstein and the rocking gate of CoD. Bad Point: you must hold the crouch key to stay in a crouched position Got tore up pretty bad by the NPCs because I fell back into the CoD rutt, thinking I was in crouched position, when i was actually standing.

Weapons are very realistic looking, both in visual and sound representations. the M4 is a very accurate representation.

I think the full game version of Far Cry should be a very intersting game to play. Will definately be adding this to my FPS library.

-R-

Comments

• TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited March 2004
    completely agree, only difference of opinion is i LIKE that you have to hold crouch
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    Hey RADA, if you want to flesh that out a lot and make it a full-fledged review with screen shots, etc... you could always get published on Short-Media's front page :cool2:
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited March 2004
    I agree as well. That game sports some of the BEST graphics I have seen to date.

I am looking forward to it. In fact it went gold today w00t!
  • TemplarTemplar You first.
    edited March 2004
    I liked the graphics till I looked into the distance. It's just flat land with ugly trees. Maybe they just cut some graphics to save size (It was still 500mb) but those are just ugly compared to the nearby graphics. It'd look better if they could make the distance trees look better :\