Saitek p3000 and nf7s

botheredbothered Manchester UK
edited March 2004 in Gaming
Since I installed the nf7s my p3000 does strange things. Sometimes it works, sometimes it won't. It works in control panel but not in games. It does all sorts of odd things. I phoned Saitek and the tech said "hang on are you using a nforce board by any chance?" Apparently nforce chips don't like Saitek USB pads. He said all you can do is install a PCI USB card.
Aarrrgghhhh!
I got a nf7s and a 9800 pro and I can't play UT, bummer.

Comments

• NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    bothered wrote:
    Since I installed the nf7s my p3000 does strange things. Sometimes it works, sometimes it won't. It works in control panel but not in games. It does all sorts of odd things. I phoned Saitek and the tech said "hang on are you using a nforce board by any chance?" Apparently nforce chips don't like Saitek USB pads. He said all you can do is install a PCI USB card.
    Aarrrgghhhh!
    I got a nf7s and a 9800 pro and I can't play UT, bummer.

If your going to microdirect anyway have a look at http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=5342&GroupID=410 or http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=2984&GroupID=410

They are less that £10 including vat :thumbsup:
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    i had the similar problem with my mx700 on my nf7-s, i dont know why it wouldn't work.

when i boot up the comp, sometimes the mouse works, and sometimes it doesn't. so i connect the usb hub builtin in my monitor to the comp, and then connect my mx700 on the hub, and now it works find. if u have something similar, u could try this before u buy a usb pci card.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited March 2004
    My mx700 is on the monitor hub and so is the p3000, the mouse works perfectly but the pad won't. I will switch the camera to the monitor hub though, then I can plug the pad into the pc.