Hotels in the area

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited May 2004 in Community
DogSoldier PMed me and asked for a list of decent hotels in the area, so I figured I'd share the information I compiled for him in this area.

Luckily the Warren, MI area is home to General Motors' Tech Center, where most of their design and R&D gets done. Therefore, you can imagine that there are many, many nice hotels and motels in the area.

That said, you have a huge range to pick from, all within a mile of the coffee shop. I personally recommend the Hawthorn because they have free wireless internet, but that's just me :)

There's Hampton, Holiday Inn, Hawthorn, Courtyard, you name it. This is a big business and convention area, so you have quite a variety to choose from.

Comments

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    Bah, anyone that needs a hotel isn't a true Lan Gamer. Speaking from experience of many LanWars and two NexLiANs you just pass out under your computer with a pillow. Nothing beats sleeping on concrete after 36straight hours of gaming.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    Dude... you totally spelled that wrong... it's "NexLiAN" oh and "LANWAR" is one word. But at any rate, what you've said is entirely correct.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Bump for new attendees
  • oCoMiKoCoMiK Oswego, IL
    edited April 2004
    Tarnishing my image before I even get out of the box...

I personally think I'm going to be up for a hotel to at least save everyone from my rank odor but then again... If everyone else smells like ass and I don't, maybe the ass smell of everyone else will offset me being clean. Perhaps I need to smell like ass as a defensive measure and thus will not require a hotel. Thoughts?
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    I think it's more of an armpit smell than an ass smell...
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited April 2004
    haha, either way it is a pretty bad smell. Just bring lots of body spray, haha
    edited April 2004
    My house is not too far from the coffee shop. My shower will be available for anyone who wants to use it.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Yeah... and trust Prime not to broadcast the shower to the LAN.... I'm Hotel'n it. Ocomik and I will be in late Thursday night and be ready for some dying on Friday morning....
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Casa de my house for me, if I ever make it back there. I have a feeling I should since my first day of work is on Monday at FoMoCo.
    edited May 2004
    Oh yea we got to get some food Friday morning prime. QCH: what hotel you guys staying in? We are getting in thursday night as well, probably staying in the days inn.
    edited May 2004
    Clutch, I thought you were staying at Holiday Inn Express? I don't know where there's a Days Inn around here..... :eek3:
    edited May 2004
    Days Inn...Holiday Inn....I get the mixed up. Sorry, it is the Holiday Inn we are staying at. This way when I pwn at the lan I can say "But I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night" haha
    edited May 2004
    Holiday Inn Express... I still need to book it though.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Dude. Wimps. Concrete, pillows and sleeping bags for me! Dag!
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Thrax wrote:
    Dude. Wimps. Concrete, pillows and sleeping bags for me! Dag!

Indeed... that's the only sleeping facilities needed for true LAN gamers...
    edited May 2004
    We will only be staying in the Hotel for Thursday night because the lan doesn't start until Friday. QCH: Word of advice, book the rooms online, the guy quoted me $115 a night if we got a room while there, but it was $85 a night on the internet for 2 beds and all. Maybe we can meet up at the Holiday or somewhere Thursday night when y'all get in.
    edited May 2004
    I already booked the room online... $79.00 a night for 2 adults. We're leaving the Chicago area around 7:00 PM (CDT) and should be in Warren around 12:00 AM (1:00 AM EDT).

We could meet up at a nice breakfast resturant on Friday Morning.

-qch
    edited May 2004
    Me, Raul, and Mondi will hook up with you guys on Friday for the breaking of the fast. :D
    edited May 2004
    I'm up for some breakfast. Hope we don't go to a ghetto resturant, haha
    edited May 2004
    Concidering that Warren is a TECH Center for the detroit area and GM has a test track and confrence center near by and that Hampton, Hawthorn, and Courtyard are all in the area... Warren is a nice place with good resturants.

As for breakfast... I'm up for it. What time and how are we going to get in touch with each other? All meet up at the coffee house and then go mob a resturant? I have Nextel if anyone else does?

-qch
    edited May 2004
    I will have a cell phone also, it will be either my mom's or dad's. I will PM you with my number and everything. Then we can set a time and all for Friday morning. We should be getting in around 7 or 8 Thursday night.
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited May 2004
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Warren is a nice place

;D;D Sure it is.
    edited May 2004
    Oh come on now - Warren is very nice. :rolleyes: