How about some console forums?

JustinJustin Atlanta
edited March 2004 in Community
As consoles are becoming more and more advanced, how about having threads dedicated to the different platforms so that we could draw in a few new users. I found this site doing a search for help with my computer, maybe some folks could use help with the hard drive additions to the PS2 or running Linux through an Xbox. Just a thought. I myself have a gamecube and realized that it is basically just a small form factor computer dedicated to graphics. Any opinions?

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    That also brings up questions of how gaming-oriented the site should be in general. I've brought it up with the staff. :) Thanks for the idea.
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited March 2004
    i have to disagree. this site is mainly for PCs and anything that has to do with them. altho you can almost call an Xbox a PC. its not. i dont think it would be a good idea. sure it would generate more traffic. but the wrong kind of traffic.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited March 2004
    If there were enough console threads and needed a split from the PC game threads then it could warrant is own forum or subforum.
    edited March 2004
    Justin - the console forum idea was benched for now. If there are more console-related posts and Gaming activity in general in the future, it will certainly be reconsidered :)
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited March 2004
    Consoles? pff
    edited March 2004
    bothered wrote:
    Consoles? pff
    I think that's as close as bothered gets to slipping into internet slang and saying "pffft @ consoles" ;) hehe