Medal Of Honor...

edited March 2004 in Gaming
Hi...When I play MOHAA MP DEMO the game runs smooth and fast etc-wonderful graphics...But I have noticed one thing while playing (now bear with me as this is hard to explain!)...When you are standing in front of a door frame or the end of a wall or anything with vertical lines and you move your mouse round from left to right or vice versa a sort of invisible line or lines appear to come off the vertical horizontally! phew! lol...told you it was hard to explain!...however if you move your mouse the same way but SLOWER then the invisible line or lines hardly show at all...I was wondering if anyone first of all understands me! and has experienced this themselves?...I know I am being picky 'cause the graphics are awesome in this game but I'm just curious if anyone else has noticed this?
Thanks from Colin.

P.S.-I also downloaded an official demo movie of MOH and sure enough there are invisible lines coming off the verticals.
I am using a Radeon 9800 pro.

Also does it matter what screen resolution you set your monitor at when gaming?

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    Can you post a screenshot of the problem?

Also, what version of the catalyst drivers are you using?

Welcome to short-media :)
  • edited March 2004
    Hi primesuspect...Thanks for the welcome...I am using Catalyst version 03.8

2D Version 6.14.10.6387

It's weird but the lines don't show up on a screenshot :eek3:

I got some replies in another forum and they said it was "Tearing" i.e. -my graphics card is out of sync with my monitor...they told me to make sure if there is a setting for vsync that it is enabled and increase my refresh rate. I did but it only goes to 85 htz.
    Have you heard of "Tearing"?

Thanks...Colin

P.S.- Do you know where to find the vsync setting?- is it on the card settings,the game settings or the monitor settings?
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    vsync is on the d3d tab of the display settings: It may also be in your game, on the display options menu.
  • edited March 2004
    Thanks shwaip...got it now :rockon: