I cant erase my dvd+rw

fudgamfudgam Upstate New York
edited April 2004 in Hardware
I dont know why this isnt working. Ive ereased stuff off it before. Now when I try to delete anything, it tells me that all the content is read-only. I tried right-clicking on the drive and selecting "erase this cd", but that little erase wizrd cant do it either. You guys have any ideas?

Theres only 3.09 gigs of data on the dvd.......

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    The only thing I can think of is that maybe you accidentally closed the disk on your last write. :confused:
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    Not having a DVD writer I wouldnt know but can't you erase it in something like Nero like you can with CDRW's?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    You probably closed the project. I agree with Prime.
  • rykoryko new york
    edited March 2004
    even if you closed the project, you should still be able to erase the whole disc.........unless it is a dvd+r instead of dvd+rw.

I have a hp dvd200i and i can get a closed disc to erase is in the hp record now software. When i go to drag and drop files, a popup window comes up and says "this disc is not blank, please insert a blank or appendable disc." I just ignore that and click next, then it says "all data on this disc will be erased, continue?" then i click yes, and it's ready to go...
  • ShivianShivian Australia
    edited April 2004
    I practically always close discs and haven't had trouble with my RW's erasing. If they are being temperamental do a full erase. Can't really comment on the free space thing... I don't use XP (in Win2k 0 free space would come up for all discs).

Try Nero maybe?
  • tophericetopherice Oak Ridge, TN
    edited April 2004
    Sounds like you closed the project or disc accidentally on the last burn.