New system and CoD multi.

botheredbothered Manchester UK
edited March 2004 in Gaming
I had a bit of an upgrade last week and the pc is running like a dream but....
CoD looks and plays fantastic but something happens one only a few servers. There will be 'bits' that light up. It may be train wheels or weapons or even players. If say a player lights up and I go into the same area, I light up. It's like a few certain areas that if you cross them you light up, exit that bit of ground and it returns to normal. Stand near it and anybody else entering lights up.
Prob 2. I played on two servers last night with sound problems, one had a bit of crackling and one had a 1 second delay on sfx.
These things only happen on a few servers but they are servers I used before the upgrade with no problems, it doesn't ruin it but I'd like it to stop. Any ideas?
Edit, I have installed the 1.2 patch.

Comments

• FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited March 2004
    What kind of upgrade did you do?

Which ATI drivers are you using?
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited March 2004
    CPU, Graphics, Mobo, RAM. Fresh install of xp pro sp1. The only drivers I put in for graphics were the ones that came on the disc. I'm new to ATI, Device manager says driver version is 6.14.1.6307.
    edited March 2004
    Give the new Catalyst drivers a try.

It really sounds like a video driver issue.
    edited March 2004
    Cheers bud, Do I need to uninstall the old ones first?
    edited March 2004
    Yes definately!
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    On the safe side you should but you don't really have to.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    Removing old drivers prior to installing new ones is a good habit to get into for all drivers and eliminates a lot of issues people seem to have.
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited March 2004
    Use the ATI Catalyst Removal tool. It can be found in the downloads section.

Cheers
    edited March 2004
    I left this for a few days because I was busy. The new 1.3 patch is out for CoD, fix's a bunch of stuff and adds a few new maps so I got and installed it. It kept crashing on one of the new maps. I used the removal tool and installed the new drivers. It worked flawlessly, CoD now runs as it was meant to. Thanks Spinner. :cheers: