ulead video studio

robbyrobby Olympia, WA New
edited March 2004 in Internet & Media
anyone know how to use this to splice video files?

Comments

• TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    I use it from time to time. :)

Start a new project and select "Storyboard" from the top menu and then switch to "timeline" mode on the bottom left. In Win Explorer (or whatever), drag and drop the vids you want to bring together in the files box on the right. From there, drag and drop your files to the timeline area.

EDIT - Then select "Effects" from the top menu and will give you different effects to stich one vid to the other. Once you get one you like drag and drop in between the video's.

Hope this explains it well enough, let me know if you need specifics.
  • robbyrobby Olympia, WA New
    edited March 2004
    I'm actually trying to seperate one file into many (2/3), which I have gotten done. Now trying to save them but this "rendering" is taking forever. Am I doing something wrong?
    edited March 2004
    Sorry, I thought you were splicing multiple vid's together.

It depends on how long the video is but yes, rendering can take awhile.

What's the size and length for curiousity's sake? (Man, that would sound really bad taken out of context. :crazy: )
    edited March 2004
    one clip is 52:25:11 and the other is 45:43:08. Now the rendering has finished, but it doesen't seem to have saved it anywhere. Never got a location prompt.
    edited March 2004
    Yeah those clips will definitely take a lot of time to render.

Once rendered, select "Finish" from the top menu. On the right select "make Movie", t's the top left icon and once clicked, prompts you to save it to the location of your choice. Make sure to also save the .vsp project itself so you may re-open it in the future to make changes.
    edited March 2004
    TBonZ wrote:
    Yeah those clips will definitely take a lot of time to render.

Once rendered, select "Finish" from the top menu. On the right select "make Movie", t's the top left icon and once clicked, prompts you to save it to the location of your choice. Make sure to also save the .vsp project itself so you may re-open it in the future to make changes.
    Thanks! :clap:
    edited March 2004
    No problem buddy. :thumbsup: