3D Max Question

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited March 2004 in Internet & Media
I'll be finishing the TimberWolf Model; today or tonight, then I will begin working on my next mech. They will be used in a short animation that I have to complete in a month.

I am curious if there is a way I can reference files in 3D Max, so that I can create theanimation, then if I need to change a model I can go into THAT file and change it instead of within the animation file? See what I am saying? Especially since I plan on future animations and if I want to alter all the Timberwolves in all my movies, I just have to change one file :D

TIA

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    You're looking for bone animations.

It allows you save the pure animation as a "Skeletal system" of sorts. The polygons attach to the skeleton, and the mesh deforms with the movement of the skeleton. You can import any model and later attach it to the bone system.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    No this has nothing to do with that.

Let's say I have a Building I used in 3 different animations. But there was something I didn't like about it in either 3 animations. I just want to change one building from it's "reference" file and then I could re-render them all out and have the improved building in it without have to change it all three times.