unreal 2004 kmixer.sys bsod

wiggleswiggles New
edited April 2004 in Gaming
anyone else experienced this most annoying error. i loaded all disks of full game. launch game last between 30-60 and then i get bsod with kmixer.sys error?
have tried different memory timings, have tried disabling sound drivers, have tried uninstalling and reinstalling game. all my drivers are up to date and demo ran fine, what gives? i have an asus a7n8x e deluxe with barton 2500 and a gig of pc3500 mushkin and nvidia 5900xt.
so far i haven't been able to play this game and it's driving me mad.
anyone have any ideas. thanks :sad2:

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    try a memory test.

www.memtest.org
  • fudgamfudgam Upstate New York
    edited March 2004
    I got it too. I just lowered my fsb a lil and it went away.
  • wiggleswiggles New
    edited March 2004
    yeah i lowered my fsb to 194 and so far so good. why. i have no idea.
    happy fragging.
  • wiggleswiggles New
    edited March 2004
    o.k, so i lower my fsb to 194 and it worked one time, next day it boots screen goes black and it hangs? lower my fsb to 191 played with different memory timings, unclocked my graphics card, still no luck, i returned this game today and got my money back, i put a lot of time into trying to get unreal to work and it wouldn't? shame it looks great. oh well, the response from epic/atari was non exsistent. will be wary to buy from these guys in the future. as i said great game but man they got some issues to sort out.
  • edited April 2004
    How did you attempt to disable the sound drivers? It appears as though it is a problem with EAX support and the SoundStorm audio module for the Asus A7N8X Deluxe boards. I just started up UT2004 using safe mode only disabling audio and leaving all other things on. Then, I changed the audio setting from HW 3D + EAX to just HW 3D and everything's okay now. It was fine before, not too sure what I did. I just changed an HSF for my CPU but I'm not sure why that would change anything. Anyway, best of luck. =)

- K