How to clean plexi?

MJOMJO Denmark New
edited September 2004 in Hardware
I have installed a window in my case, at last. :wink:
But now I am wondering how to clean the window, I do not want to scratch it.
What can I use to clean the window and what is the best mothod?

This might be a stupid question, but I really don't want to ruin the window now that it is installed.

BTW: I found out that you are supposed to turn your rig off when you are routing the cables. :p
I accidentally snapped a blade of my Zalman OP1, now I need to find my Superglue. :-/

Comments

• ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited April 2004
    Ouch, I accidentally put my finger in my heatsink fan one time and it cut my finger and kicked the blade off. After that it made the worst sound ever, I had to turn my computer off at night because it sounded like a Honda with a fart can.

As far as cleaning plexi. Have you tried regular glass cleaner? Maybe soap and water?
  • MJOMJO Denmark New
    edited April 2004
    I read that glass cleaners containing ammonia is very bad.
    It will make the window cloudy.

It cut myself on my old FOP-32, I believe it is a 5000 rpm 60mm fan.
    No damage to the fan, but my index finger was bleeding badly for quite some time.
    I later installed a fan grill to prevent further mishaps. ;)
    I can only imagine the damage if it had been a 60mm Delta fan.

/me faints (imagining the bloodbath) :Pwned:
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Ordinary lens cleaner (ethanol with some other fun things) works for me. Same stuff I put on my glasses and monitor. Most alcohols should work also.

If you're trying to get fingerprints (or blood :sawed: ) off, just use dish detergent like Dawn. It's cheaper than lens cleaner but won't protect anti-glare and anti-reflective coatings that probably aren't on your acrylic ;).

Don't use acetone or MEK (methyl-ethyl-ketone). I use acetone for taking the yellow out of old cases because it takes the top layer of plastic off. MEK does double duty as an industrial solvent and the solvent in plastic model cement. It'll also give you and your kids cancer if you inhale the fumes.

-drasnor :fold:
  • edited September 2004
    Clutch wrote:
    Ouch, I accidentally put my finger in my heatsink fan one time and it cut my finger and kicked the blade off. After that it made the worst sound ever, I had to turn my computer off at night because it sounded like a Honda with a fart can.

After that, you probably shouldn't have used it until you got a new fan. Whatever it was cooling would probably overheat with a fan blade missing.