Email Problem

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited July 2003 in Science & Tech
OK it is ONE of 2 things... first you must know I CANNOT BUY ANYTHING... nor will I use anything illegal.

The problem is that my Outlook Express is fubar, says it cannot "initialize" the msoe.dll. I don't know why, since I did a search and it found not just one, but TWO! msoe.dll files in teh outlook folder and in the service pack folder.

The other thing is... if you know of a better email client than Outlook Express, please name it. I would like to use it...

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2003
    Others who had that problem have had luck by installing the 330994: April 2003, Cumulative Patch for Outlook Express 6 SP1

Here

I haven't had that particular problem myself, but I've been using OE for about six weeks since my last wipe and reload.

I suspect that my problem (with Outlook 2000) arose from importing my Personal Folders and having a discrepancy between all of the Critical Updates and Office Updates.

Go to Google and search for "msoe.dll problem" - you ain't alone!

Prof
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    My brother recently installed some OLE lookalike on the other machine but I will have to wait till morning before I can check what it was, but it looked quite cool and it was free.

NS
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    when I try to install the DL, it gives me an error that I must ahve IE 6.0 with SP1 installed, the ****ty thing is that I DO HAVE IT INSTALLED DAMNIT!

This is ****ed up.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2003
    It sounds like maybe something in IE 6.0 with SP1 is corrupt or missing. Try running the System File Signature Verification tool to see if it picks it up.

Prof
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    this is pissing me off, I have uninstalled thenr einstalled, completly! Yet it still won't work!
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    i switched to mozilla 1.4 mail, so, nm on the issue, screw MS.