moving folding stats to new drive

robbyrobby Olympia, WA New
edited April 2004 in Folding@Home
I formatted one of my harddrives and would like to continue my folding projects. I DLd FAH and put in my name and 93 for the team number, but I have no completed WU's on my stats screen. How do I continue my work?

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited April 2004
    Thats just the internal counter in the client. Stanford still has the correct number. Just keep on folding.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited April 2004
    Looking at your signature, you are doing quite well too.

10 WU's, 632.2 points and rank 459.

Way to fold :fold: robby.
  • robbyrobby Olympia, WA New
    edited April 2004
    :thumbup thanks :fold:
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Technically, if box is being reloaded, and you can burn the Folding@Home folder to CD and then reload same kind of O\S, you can move folder intact from CD to HD, unwrite-portect each file, and lierally fold on with old stats intactus. In my case, F@H in Windows runs from my "backup\downloads\work files" HD.....

BTW, One of the tricks the new PowerToys for XP (Microsoft programmed, NOT supported as it was made as a power user's TOY so PLAY WITH CARE with that if you want to try it) has up its sleeve is relocation of My Documents off of the boot drive entirely if you have two HDs, or off of the boot part to another partition if you have divided drive into multiple partitions. PowerToys is a total freebie, do NOT use TweakUI 1.33 in standalone archive on XP, it actually is meant for 2000 and earlier Windows flavors while PowerToys has a special subversion of the tweakers for XP specifically. I got mine from PCWorld's downloads area on http://www.pcworld.com/ , but Microsoft also has it available on Technet among other places.

John D.